Tire pressure

Hutch

Those figures are high! I hear about guys saying run 40 F/R. Way too high. 36 is great. You have to figure, your car tires start at 32 and heat up to about 36 or 7. Bike tires, if started at 36 get to about 38 or 39 hot.

All depends on how hard you ride. On the street it is more difficult to get you tires as hot, so you should start with a little higher pressure. Remember the rear like to warm up faster than the front. If im going on an aggressive street ride I will set the pressure cold at 32ish R and 33ish front. Depends on how hot the day is tooo

All depends on how hard you ride. On the street it is more difficult to get you tires as hot, so you should start with a little higher pressure. Remember the rear like to warm up faster than the front. If im going on an aggressive street ride I will set the pressure cold at 32ish R and 33ish front. Depends on how hot the day is tooo

+1

correct pressure = sticker pressure x ((bike weight + your weight + luggage) / maximum load rating)

In other words, about a 25% reduction in tire pressure for an average guy riding solo on a 400 to 500 pound bike. That's 25% less than the maximum pressure shown on the bike sticker or in the bike manual. Not the maximum pressure shown on the tire. Round up for the front tire and down for the back.

If you ride double, use the maximum pressures shown on the tire sticker. (or in the manual)

Never have less than 26psi in any tire.

All pressure checks are done on cold tires that haven't been rode on.