Heading up to Lorain 7/30

SWing'R

Hey all you Lorain peeps, I'm gonna be up in the area THUR 7/30 thru SUN 8/2.

I have plans on attending bike night at QS&L in Sheffield tomorrow night, not exactly sure what time I'll be there,

gonna lock that down tomorrow afternoon sometime with a friend I'm meeting up there.

I'm hoping to ride with that same friend for a couple hours on either Friday or Saturday afternoon and would like to hookup with or include any of you all.

I'll have my laptop with me for access to the site so I can check on this thread and for any PM's.

My plans also include the St Peters Picnic on Saturday evening and maybe again on Sunday afternoon before heading back to Cbus.

I'll be stayin on the Westside of Lorain, not far from St Peters.

Anyone that wants it, I'll give them my cell # via PM.

Okay so my bud bailed on me for a ride, he's got his kids for the weekend but I'm still good for QS&L.

If anyone wants to ride on Saturday morning let me know.

Also, even if you can't ride is there anywhere good to ride in the area?

I know I'm originally from the area but I've been gone for so long and didn't have a bike back then so I can't think of any good riding roads for the life of me. I know about the Metroparks, I did that last year when I came to town but thats to slow of a ride, nice scenery but the 25-35mph speed limit gets old real quick!

Friday night is iffy for me.

Saturday I'll be in Norwalk

Sunday is open... unless I go on the Uncle Punk ride.

Friday is my birthday and I got family plans both during the afternoon and evening,

and Sunday we're gonna hit the St Peters picnic for abit then head back to Columbus.

Sooo, maybe see you at QS&L tomorrow night? I think I still got your number from the poker run.

We'll be @ QS&L just after 7pm.

I might swing by QSL..but honestly unless I'm meeting someone for a ride or some other shenanigans, QSL=mostly FAIL.

I'm free all weekend. If you're looking for a place to ride, good luck. Not much around here. I stay out of the Metroparks, because you can hear the bikes clear as day and the po-po is out and about. Plus weekend traffic makes it a frustrating ride...unless you like that type of thing.

I might swing by QSL..but honestly unless I'm meeting someone for a ride or some other shenanigans, QSL=mostly FAIL.

I'm free all weekend. If you're looking for a place to ride, good luck. Not much around here. I stay out of the Metroparks, because you can hear the bikes clear as day and the po-po is out and about. Plus weekend traffic makes it a frustrating ride...unless you like that type of thing.

Sighhhh, yeah looking at a map all the roads are fricken straight up there!

I guess I'll just tool around Lorain and maybe Vermilion or something.

Riding Oberlin Ave is fun, its like an obstacle course avoiding all the pot holes!

Alright, well gotta get in the shower and finish packin, hopefully I'll see a few of ya up at QS&L tonight!

Thanks to Kosmo for showin up at QS&L Sheffield tonight, I know it was a little bit of a ride for you, thanks.

Uncle Punk and InyaAzz, nice meeting you both and R1Crusher nice seeing you again!

Just got UP's text... sorry I missed you guy. The woman had pancakes and poontang waiting for me at home.

Hmmm, sounds oddly interesting. We'll let you slide this time!

Thanks to Kosmo for showin up at QS&L Sheffield tonight' date=' I know it was a little bit of a ride for you, thanks.

Uncle Punk and InyaAzz, nice meeting you both and R1Crusher nice seeing you again![/quote']

Hey nice meeting everybody....niice day for a ride too...goodtime

So we made it back to Columbus this afternoon. Had a decent time up in Lorain,

although 4 days was a bit much, I'm generally ready to head back to Cbus in 2 days.

I didn't have my pc cord for my camera so I couldn't upload any pictures until I got home,

so here are a few I took of the bike and the only redeeming thing in Lorain... the lake....

Lorain_2009-08-01_12.jpg

Lorain_2009-08-01_13.jpg

Here is a link to all the pics...

http://s175.photobucket.com/albums/w139/davidjrosso/Lorain_2009-08-01/?albumview=grid

I've got some from QS&L but I'll post those in the thread Kosmo started with his pics.

Saturday morning the wife and I took a nice ride out Rt 6 from Lorain all the way to Rocky River

then took the MetroPark road all the way to Bagley in Berea and Bagley Rd out to N Ridgeville

and back into Lorain. Nice ride along the lake and always real nice in the MetroPark.

Saturday night we ended up hitting St Petes picnic and then headed uptown Amherst to the

"Dancing in the Streets" party. Wow was there a ton of people up in Amherst!

Anyway, its good to be back home :)

Edited by SWing'R