I made the plunge and bought a TRACK BIKE!!!

Dubguy85

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just purchased my Track bike... Here are the Specs...I'm sure I'll leave something out, BUUUUT

2006 GSXR 600 with 300 miles

Penske Rear shock

4 & 6 racing SuperSport built motor

Vortex Rear Sets

GP quick shift

Slipper Clutch

Full Exaust

Yosh Ecu

Complete Cartridge kit/fork internals

I should be ready to roll :eek:

bike-1.jpg

bike2.jpg

odometer.jpg

Penske.jpg

pitbull.jpg

vortex.jpg

why you dont track the repsol or the 1098?

the susspension cost $ 1400,NOT $ 3000 as you think.i just turn my 848 to track bike.if you have nice bikes ,why not enjoy them.

the susspension cost $ 1400,NOT $ 3000 as you think.i just turn my 848 to track bike.if you have nice bikes ,why not enjoy them.

Hate to burst your bubble, but retail on a triple clicker Penske rear shock is about $1500. His idea on cost is pretty damn accurate.

The cost of turning a bike into a track bike far exceeds what you can buy a left over race bike for. Example, if you were to pay to just do a true SS build to a motor, you'd be out over $5k in just that. So, assuming he didn't pay a whole lot (I would bet about $7k), he saved a shit pile vs turning a totally street machine into an equal amount of work he has in the 600 he just got...

Great buy, by the way.

I sold the repsol, and don't wanna track the 1098... I can't afford to fix it, and don't wanna have to look at it if I wad it up..i bought a track bike to use it for the track...If I crash it, I crash it... As far as the suspension goes, its whatever... who cares if I think its worth 10 dollars or 10,000 I'm nmot sure why that matters... Cause you don't know what I paid for it, so how do you know how much I think its worth?? :D