at dinner tonight...

oldschoolsdime92

Buddy of mine and his girlfriend and I rode to dinner tonight. We went to jimmy johns on the ud campus, if you are firmiler with Dayton. Anyways. This guy kept staring at us. I came in in leather and had my helmet in my hand. Chris and his girlfriend had helmets in hand. Finely the guy said something to us. caught me way off guard. Thanked us for wearing gear. He said he had lost his brother 4 weeks earlier. He swerved to avoid hitting an animal, went in the ditch and hit a culvert. The only injury he sustained was a head injury. He wasn't wearing a helmet. The guy told us we made his day,and he paused and said hell we made his week. and thanked us again. this was a very sobering moment as to why i always ride with my gear, no matter what. If I am just going across town or across the state, or united states.

I don't say anything, but I always feel better when people show up for a ride with gear like when I led you and your friend around.

Speaking of which, new tire goes on the bike soon. Wanna do that whole Sunday ride someday? We'll have to start early in the afternoon or weekend, its just over 2 hours long.

...i always ride with my gear, no matter what. If I am just going across town or across the state, or united states.

+1 on the gear, especially the helmet! I sometimes forego the jacket and gloves if I'm just running up the street but never, ever, ride without the noggin protected!

I don't say anything, but I always feel better when people show up for a ride with gear like when I led you and your friend around.

Speaking of which, new tire goes on the bike soon. Wanna do that whole Sunday ride someday? We'll have to start early in the afternoon or weekend, its just over 2 hours long.

id be down. It will have to wait until i get back from vacation though. I leave friday.