vesrah RJL's FTW!!!

e-flores

alright so i just installed a new set of RJL's and good GOD am i agoing to have fun at the track this weekend :D

seriously if anyone is looking for a great way to spend $100 and dramatically improve your bike go and get a set of these things!

thats all!

alright so i just installed a new set of RJL's and good GOD am i agoing to have fun at the track this weekend :D

seriously if anyone is looking for a great way to spend $100 and dramatically improve your bike go and get a set of these things!

thats all!

i bought some a few weeks ago before my last trackday at mid oh and it is much much better than the Galfer HH pads i had prior. Words cannot describe the difference. Only thing i dont like is when the pads are cold they are a bit quick on the bite, but once they get warm the feedback is awesome!

didnt brian have problems with these pads?.. if im spending 100 im buying just shy of an 8 ball

i don't think so.

faster,deeper,longer. No brakes involved lol. Pads are very important. Those are great pads for sure. Even the best u can get! Ride them on the street they will only last a short amount of time. Great pads for track/race.

Yeah I really don't expect them to last longer than 2000 miles.... But they are pretty amazing. I am thinking my next upgrade is going to be some braided lines and wave rotors. Unlike you guys I am a big fan of the brakes :D

These are NOT the pads I had issues with. In fact, Vesrah is what I prefer and try to run at all times. The RJLs are cool and easily available from a dealership nowadays.

Want the best? Get the MAX (010) or even the older SRJLs (Supers). If ya think the RJLs are good, you have no idea... Supers are as good as if you took the stock brake lines and replaced them with -2 lines. That difference is about the same from going from RJLs to Supers.

The 010 or Max is a more progressive pad. Meaning the Supers are VERY solid initial bite and will put you on your ear if not careful. The Max will have that same bite, but less at the start. I personally like the Supers better, but they are getting tougher and tougher to get. The Max 010s are pretty damn good, though and have much more pad surface than the Supers...

In the end, Vesrah is one of the top choices for racers if you are serious...

i bought some ebc hh pads because that's what state 8 had in stock, but then reading over at 600rr.net, it seems that they may not be so good.

i am glad i have access to a glass bead blaster at work though. i'll have to take my rotors in tomorrow.

i bought some ebc hh pads because that's what state 8 had in stock, but then reading over at 600rr.net, it seems that they may not be so good.

i am glad i have access to a glass bead blaster at work though. i'll have to take my rotors in tomorrow.

I thought they were very similiar to OEM pads..cost is about the same I think? Cant remember tho.

what is a good pad for split street and track use?

ferodo sintered has lasted me 25k miles now and they are about 3/4 of the way gone.

and they do work better than ebc HH and galfer sintered.

they need a little heat to work. so at first when you start out, they feel like normal brakes. but after one or two stops, it's a 5 fold increase in braking torque.

ferodo claims their pads have the highest braking coefficient of all street/trackday pads.

(I have the stac pads)

http://www.oppracing.com/products/600-ferodo-brake-pads/

Edited by serpentracer