iPhone losers inside.

Dweezel

I got this the other day and so far love it. It stores the whole thing on the phone so it works when there is no service, and is a one time charge unlike ATT navigator that's $10 a month. It's also 1.3 gig so make sure you have the room. I'm pointing it out because it goes up to $100 after the 15th

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=321506742&mt=8

check it out if your looking for some solid turn by turn nav option for your phone, I've got this and the Griffin Window seat to hold the phone and it works excellently. Also a car charger is reccommended too.

Or you could just be smart and know where you're going all the time. That would save $70 and explain why Dweezel had to buy it. :D

Oh really... Then I won't mention the numerous phone calls, and bitching about a dead battery in a GPS unit on your way to my place. Not to mention actually having to come lead you to the house from down the road so you could find it :D

GPS is very handy, and while I am great with directions and getting where I'm going, It's always good to have. and 70 dollars for a GPS unit beats the hell out of several hundred dollars and having to carry around another piece of junk :violin: That and traveling as much as I do to as many different and diverse locations, it was a must have.

I heard about the TomTom software too. Looks interesting but I do really like the layout and features on this app. very user friendly, has 'scenic' route settings, motorcycle option (haven't figured out what that does yet) and a few others.

Oh really... Then I won't mention the numerous phone calls, and bitching about a dead battery in a GPS unit on your way to my place. Not to mention actually having to come lead you to the house from down the road so you could find it :D

That wasn't me. I don't know what you are referring to. :cool:

now if apple gets smart and puts a gps receiver on the ipod touch, i'll be in business since i have verizon and not switching. Why would apple not put a gps receiver in the ipod touch?

everytime they come out with a new iPod touch it will really just be more

like the iPhone

first it was just touch

then they added apps and speakers

then maybe gps or camera?

then maybe skype plug in mic with skype functionality?

then maybe straight up phone thats available for any company

and if they ever come out with a sprint version...i may jump on that opportunity

the iphone on the other hand...what could they possibly add now that would be worth releasing a new one? maybe i'm not imaginative but still...not much left...

i'll stick with my verizon.. i got gps on it. turn by turn :p

yeah for another $10 a month, AT&T has that to but it's dependant on signal. That's why I opted for this, it's a one time charge, and works regaurdless of signal, maps are stored on the phone.

My curiosity has peaked, I just gotta ask.

If it loses signal then tell me how the GPS continues to work.

Exactly It can't.

Isheep bahhhhh bahhhhhhh

My iPhone works, to a point, regardless of signal once the route is programmed because it saves the turns.

Even if the map doesn't work on the display, I can scroll through the roads and the distances to turns with 0 signal.

So in addition to to a cell antenna it has a gps antenna too????????

I doubt it.

they do say ignorance is bliss. Yes the phone, along with MANY other smart phones, has a built in GPS reciever. Seperate from the cellular antenna. There are even other phones out there with, get this, FM recievers and transmitters!

Not that a GPS signal can't be lost but it's much more unlikely unless your in a building or a cave or tunnel or some shit.

they do say ignorance is bliss. Yes the phone, along with MANY other smart phones, has a built in GPS reciever. Seperate from the cellular antenna. There are even other phones out there with, get this, FM recievers and transmitters!

Not that a GPS signal can't be lost but it's much more unlikely unless your in a building or a cave or tunnel or some shit.

My gps signal "area" is very similar to my service signal area...

when i can't get a cell signal on verizon, the garmins have a hard time acquiring satellites...

just something i noticed up here..