Stock unloaded sag on a 03-04 600rr?

Cheech

Anyone know what the unloaded sag is on a 03-04 600rr? I don't really have anything I can use around the garage to get it up off the ground without using the swingarm stand, and my google-fu seems to be a little weak at the moment.

it wont be exactly the same on every bike.

do you have any buddies that can help prop the bike up on the kickstand so the rear's off the ground? (the swivel the bike on the kickstand "trick")

I'm unfamiliar with this, what's it all about?

Sag numbers are all pretty much the same throughout the bikes. Look for 35-38MM of sag...

You need to unload the suspension (cannot use a swingarm stand, either), need to hold it in the upright position and then measure, etc. Do a search as there are some good guides to doing this. But, don't fall for the 25-30MM sag some people believe is the right series of numbers...

i meant the unweighted sag will be slightly different from bike to bike, meaning you cant ask someone else what there L1 value (if you want to get technical) was, as yours would be different.

Sorry, I was referring to the swivel on kickstand trick. Never heard of that before.

Sag numbers are all pretty much the same throughout the bikes. Look for 35-38MM of sag...

You need to unload the suspension (cannot use a swingarm stand, either), need to hold it in the upright position and then measure, etc. Do a search as there are some good guides to doing this. But, don't fall for the 25-30MM sag some people believe is the right series of numbers...

Right, I know I can't use a swingarm stand, but I don't have anything in the garage to prop the rear up on without using my spool stand. I am fishing for a "stock" benchmark to determine what stock unloaded sag should be for the RR.

Oh, you were asking for static sag... Nobody really uses that much anymore. When guys rebuild shocks for example, they will put in about 10mm of sag into the spring. Meaning, they measure the spring unloaded and crank the pre load adjuster down until it is 10mm shorter than unloaded was. They then check rider sag.

You really need to do rider sag, man. You CANNOT use stands when checking either. Need to lift up to get the rear to completely fall and not have any load on it... Also, checking for load on a swing arm stand will not give correct numbers...

Think of it this way... I have 1.0 front springs on my 1000. A guy with the same bike has .90 springs in his. The static sag will be different. If they both set the static sag where "that bike" should be, the rider sag will be different for each rider. Meaning, the .90 guy will be different than the guy with 1.0 rate. Rider sag is constant. They both need 35-38mm of sag and that's what you really need to concern yourself over.

bikelift makes an awsome stand that goes thru the hollow swingarm bolt it allows you to work on front and rear tires and suspension motor everything stabil as hell wont tip over fall off ect and is cheaper than buying front and rear stands ... I love it think it was only like 120