RFP (request for prayers)

SWing'R

Got some bad news last night from my parents. My mother just had a biopsy done on a mass they found in her shoulder,

turns out it IS cancer, not sure of the specifics yet, will find out more in the next few days. She is already a two-time

breast cancer survivor having had both breasts removed in the past and had been fine with no signs of anything until now.

I'm not much the religious type but for all of you that are, please keep her in mind.

In the past with the breast cancer I just supported her but pretty much pretended like it didn't happen,

guess it was my way of coping with it, and up until just this minute as I'm typing this hadn't shed a tear,

but somehow writing this down has made this all to real for me now. Gotta go now, will find out more later.

So sorry to hear..

We were dj's at a Relay for Life event last month..it's staggering to see how many affected..even in a small community.

Watched my dad go through lung cancer..clear for four yrs now..but you never know.

It's tough..as you well know.

Stay strong for her and your family!

Prayers up

John

Got some bad news last night from my parents. My mother just had a biopsy done on a mass they found in her shoulder' date='

turns out it IS cancer, not sure of the specifics yet, will find out more in the next few days. She is already a two-time

breast cancer survivor having had both breasts removed in the past and had been fine with no signs of anything until now.

I'm not much the religious type but for all of you that are, please keep her in mind.

In the past with the breast cancer I just supported her but pretty much pretended like it didn't happen,

guess it was my way of coping with it, and up until just this minute as I'm typing this hadn't shed a tear,

but somehow writing this down has made this all to real for me now. Gotta go now, will find out more later.[/quote']

David...what type of cancer did the pathology show? Breast cancer recurrence? PM me.....

Talked to my mom last night, the cancer they found doing the biopsy is "adenocarcinoma".

She is going in for a slew of tests on Friday 8/14 and is supposed to have the results of all of those test on Thursday 8/20. So we wait.

I know what your going through. My mom has just been diagnosed with lung cancer. They cannot do a biopsy yet, due to her having pneumonia. They have to wait for that to clear up in her lungs first, to avoid complications. Which they will probably have regardless. She has too many lung issues. So, all we can do is wait it out. If you ever want / need to talk, you can feel free to give me a call (614) 327-0519. James Wish her the best. Keep your head up!!!

So my mom got the news today from her doctor on the series of test she had done last week.

One major positive.... the cancer is nowhere else in her body, it is only in the mass they found in her shoulder.

The bad news, for the moment they can not/will not surgically remove the tumor because it is to close to her

caratoid (sp?) artery in her neck. So for the moment they plan on chemo and radiation treatments to try and

shrink the tumor to the point they feel they can go in an safely remove it.

More bad news, one of the chemo drugs (apparently its three different ones) they are gonna be using can cause heart problems.

So mom is freakin out and focused on all the negative stuff instead of being relieved that the cancer is nowhere else.

She doesn't want to go thru the chemo and wants the tumor removed, like now, but thats not happening.

So thats the update. I'm abit relieved but still worried for her :(