Sidi Vertigo vs A* SMX-R

mattm

Anybody have any opinions on this comparison? Both are the same price. I am coming from the A* SMX-2 boot so this will be my first "real" boot. I like the A* smx-2 but wish I would have bought a real race/sport boot. Anybody have any opinion on this comparison? Seems to me that the Sidi is superior but I haven't ridden with either and am looking for opinions...

Thanks in advance.

Worn a LOT of boots. Currently, I have Sidis and the Supertech Rs from AStar.

Personally, I have stayed away from the Sidis due to the fact that the cable system will break at times. They sell replacement kits, but about everyone I know that rides them at the track has had to replace the cable sets.

The Supertech R is by far the best boot I have ever ridden in. Love Sidis - tough choice, but if you pick a Sidi, go with the one w/o the cables. The last they use, the insert in the sole, etc is all the same through the models. So, you get the same feel, but with less hassle.

I can vouch for the Vertigo. Impeccable workmanship, incredible feel, nice and quiet. Same Euro sizing. Go to Motorcycle Superstore and read the tons of reviews.

:plus1:

Couldn't have said it better! I have had my vertigos since March and Zero complaints!

Comfortable, light, great protection, good venting, cool style, and fits true to size!