GI Joe

Mr Anderson

I actually liked it. Shootin', shit blowing up, a Hummer H2 driving over everything and NINJAS!! 2 of 'em! Plus buff young males running around without their shirts.

It's everything a girl needs in a movie, and more.

The story line was a little on the thin side, but I don't know of anyone who goes to see things like GI Joe and Transformers for the plot.

Thumbs UP.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right.. you don't see Transformers for the plot. You see Transformers to watch Optimus beat the piss out of Megatron and to hear him say' date=' "Freedom is the right of all Sentient beings." Then you stand up and cheer when he says it and everyone in the theater looks at you like you have six heads. (sad face)[/quote']

Aww I would have stood up with you :lol:

Did you see that they are selling the Bumblebee 2010 Camaro now? Complete with Autobot badging?

...except Torque was meant to be serious

Actually, if you watch the directors commentary on the DVD he specifically states that torque was supposed to be a popcorn movie and not actually a serious biker film. I was quite relieved when I heard that because it confirmed that maybe the director wasn't a complete dumbass afterall. Lol

On another note, I wish could be an aZn ninja in a badass all-white coat.

OMG he was BADDDD to tha ASSSSS

And he had the most perfectly styled hair EVER on a ninja. He was climbing walls, doing backflips and shit, and his hair never MOVED. I MUST know what products he uses!

OMG he was BADDDD to tha ASSSSS

And he had the most perfectly styled hair EVER on a ninja. He was climbing walls, doing backflips and shit, and his hair never MOVED. I MUST know what products he uses!

I preferred Snake Eyes outfit. Interesting how the bad guy was in white and the good guy in black. Underlying message here.

I preferred Snake Eyes outfit. Interesting how the bad guy was in white and the good guy in black. Underlying message here.

Yeah I noticed that! Are the writers of GI Joe some kind of reverse racists?

Or maybe that fabulous long, duster jacket only comes in white.

Well since VW didn't want to be associated with a violent movie, why not a camero??

I think it had MORE to do with GM being a sponsor...

notice how most of the "good guys" are GM products? and how it was a mustang that tried to kill Sam initially? it was a audi they were hunting in the beginning of the second one?

notice how most of the "good guys" are GM products? and how it was a mustang that tried to kill Sam initially? it was a audi they were hunting in the beginning of the second one?

Yeah that Mustang WAS evil!

Wayy off topic but it seemed like every vehicle in the Matrix movies were also GM. In the the high-traffic, high destruction Interstate scene, especially.

If you are after a good GI Joe series, check out GI Joe: Resolute on youtube. 11 parts, about a hour all-in. They actually kill people in this one, Major Bludd buys it within the first 30 seconds and Cobra Commander is completely batshit insane, not just comic relief insane.

Right.. you don't see Transformers for the plot. You see Transformers to watch Optimus beat the piss out of Megatron and to hear him say' date=' "Freedom is the right of all Sentient beings." Then you stand up and cheer when he says it and everyone in the theater looks at you like you have six heads. (sad face)[/quote']

Well I went to easton and when he said that everyone cheered.

Also in the first movie an xbox 360 was in it.

I'm going to see this movie today.