District 9

Mr Anderson

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The main question I had was "why were they there?". Why did the aliens come here in the first place?

They were there 20yrs' date=' the humans and aliens obviously learned each others language as they were

communicating but I don't think it was ever revealed why they came to Earth in the first place. Or did I just miss something?[/quote']

POSSIBLE SPOILER

Trying not to give too much away here, but it wasn't intentional. The ones that ended up on earth for the most part are drones (with the obvious exception) who can't think or really act on their own. They either ended up here either because their leadership died or the ran out of fuel. I guessing it was kind of a combination of both.

yes, that pic was funny.

did anyone else get annoyed by the number of times blood hit the screen?? The movie was good, but this started to get distracting for me.

There was blood in this movie?? :p

Sorry about the somewhat of a spoiler in my previous post Cypress.

yes, that pic was funny.

did anyone else get annoyed by the number of times blood hit the screen?? The movie was good, but this started to get distracting for me.

I never even noticed the blood. It's probably going to bother the shit out of me next time I see it though...thanks. :mad:;)

There was blood in this movie?? :p

Sorry about the somewhat of a spoiler in my previous post Cypress.

Not for me, I've seen it...but others haven't.

yes, that pic was funny.

I thought the blood was not that distracting and they did a great job on the surround sound.

If you are a sci-fi fan, you will definately like District 9. I was very impressed. And I was also surprised at how certain parts "got" to me. But I think that was the point, to make you feel for the aliens and how desperate their situation was.

Edited by alcohol3232

I'm not sure I have any REAL unanswered questions. They did a good job in not having any plot holes. Any story line gaps weren't large and didn't seem to affect the story in any way.

I'm really looking forward to the sequel, but I could see it being a trilogy. Hard to explain without giving too many spoilers though.

I think that was the point of the movie. There were parts in the movie that actually got to me and I didn't expect that. It's definitely a movie were the viewer has to bring something with them when they watch it. It's not your typical brainless entertainment we're used to.

I agree. I think there's a good possibility of a trilogy. Honestly, I had almost no exceptions going into this movie, other than what I had heard from friends, but was pleasantly surprised overall. The beginning was great, action was pretty cool, and the gore was hilariously awesome!

After I get all moved on Thursday and my Indy trip this weekend out of the way. Next week?

NEED MORE STRONGBOW!!!!!

strongbow ftw! :D