District 9

Mr Anderson

Alright, just got back from seeing this movie and it's not one of my favorite movies, nor would it be something I would ever own. I would have to rate this one as a rental. Now you should know, I'm not a scifi kinda guy, but I thought I would give it a chance.

FAIL!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was ok, didn't care for it too much. I went to see another movie and it was sold out so I was forced in to seeing this. So that might have something to do with why I didn't care for it that much.

Fail... Never forced to see it unless a gun was pointed at your head.

Wife and I just got back from seeing this. Great, great flick.

My wife and I saw it last night, we liked it but it left me with several unanswered questions,

I hate it when movies do that. And what about that ending, hmmmm. Possible sequel titles....

1. District 10: Rise of the Prawns

2. District 10: Retribution

3. District 10: They're Back

4. Add yours here

BTW, did anyone else start to feel sorry for the aliens as the movie progressed???

My wife and I saw it last night' date=' we liked it but it left me with several unanswered questions,

I hate it when movies do that. And what about that ending, hmmmm. Possible sequel titles....

1. District 10: Rise of the Prawns

2. District 10: Retribution

3. District 10: They're Back

4. Add yours here

BTW, did anyone else start to feel sorry for the aliens as the movie progressed???[/quote']

I'm not sure I have any REAL unanswered questions. They did a good job in not having any plot holes. Any story line gaps weren't large and didn't seem to affect the story in any way.

I'm really looking forward to the sequel, but I could see it being a trilogy. Hard to explain without giving too many spoilers though.

I think that was the point of the movie. There were parts in the movie that actually got to me and I didn't expect that. It's definitely a movie were the viewer has to bring something with them when they watch it. It's not your typical brainless entertainment we're used to.

True. The numerous social issues really made this movie for me. I'm glad it wasn't another AVP. The wife and I have had many conversations stemming from this movie. Yes this flick made me get angry at the humans too.

I'm not sure I have any REAL unanswered questions. They did a good job in not having any plot holes. Any story line gaps weren't large and didn't seem to affect the story in any way.

The main question I had was "why were they there?". Why did the aliens come here in the first place?

They were there 20yrs, the humans and aliens obviously learned each others language as they were

communicating but I don't think it was ever revealed why they came to Earth in the first place. Or did I just miss something?