Big Darby Today at 12..

flounder

I am planning on heading to big darby range today around noon. I will most likely be on the 100 yard range doing some load development. If anyone is out there, look for the guy with the high powered rifle with a camo paint scheme and gigantic scope. :)

I will also have a cronograph set up that I will be shooting through to chart my round velocities..

Feel free to say high if youre there.

Well it was hotter then hell but not a bad day for shooting minus the occasional wind gusts. Load development went pretty well and I was able to find 3 different powder weights that shot anywhere from .37 MOA - .48 MOA as long as I did my part.. Not bad at all.. I had 2 different groupings that would have basically been same hole 4 shot groups except for a flyer that opened up the group.

Now I just have to decide whether I want the extra 100fps with a potential bit less accuracy. (.13 less) or a bit more accuracy with less velocity. Hmm.. There is also the chance that my shooting opened up the groups instead of the loads themselves.

Time to do some math and check my drops out to 1200 yards and see what the extra 100fps will mean to me.