I've been out... but I'm back!

OsuMj

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1

Not trying to gloat or anything, but I try to do random acts of kindness every once and a while. I've hopped off my bike and helped someone push an S-10 into a gas station, and I've stopped on the side of the road for complete strangers before. :dunno: I've had nice things done for me, so I try to pay it forward. It makes me feel at ease with the world, because I've given back... karma and all that jazz

OK so... you pull over and help some MILF change a flat tire... she offers to "show her gratitude" if you will hop in the passenger seat behind tinted windows right quick... you turn her down?

Ladies and gentlemen... we have Rillo... the Last Boy Scout.:p

+1

Not trying to gloat or anything, but I try to do random acts of kindness every once and a while. I've hopped off my bike and helped someone push an S-10 into a gas station, and I've stopped on the side of the road for complete strangers before. :dunno: I've had nice things done for me, so I try to pay it forward. It makes me feel at ease with the world, because I've given back... karma and all that jazz

Ditto.

I had a lot of fun last year. There was this older lady broken down in her MG in the middle of RT 20...She had already called her mechanic, so i suggested that we get her car out of the middle of the road so she didn't get hit. She agreed, and before she could even open her door, i had the car moving towards the parking lot. She asked if i needed help pushing, i said "nah, it's just a MG, you go ahead and steer."

I've had plenty of people help me over the years, it feels great when I have an opportunity to stop and help others.

:grin:

Um, I asked if ya needed help that day at the BMV. But I wouldn't have offered ya the sausage there. I'd at least wait till someplace nicer. Like..Bob Evans

LOL

awww, that's sweet.

Idk why but that reminded me of one of my friends that used to go up to women and say things like "you're so pretty I'd take you to ponderosa" ... :lol: good times.

+1

And that's my point, you're kind because it EASES your own mind and makes your feel good inside. Your kindness does something for you. Hence why true altruism doesn't exist.

+1

OK so... you pull over and help some MILF change a flat tire... she offers to "show her gratitude" if you will hop in the passenger seat behind tinted windows right quick... you turn her down?

yes

1. something like that really wouldn't turn me on

2. who knows how fucked up with herpie-aids she is if she is blowing strangers on the side of the road

3. chances are she isn't attractive if she is blowing strangers on the road

Now if she offered me a phone number, I would take it. Even if she wasn't attractive I'd still take it just to be nice. :p

I don't think that was what he was saying. He did it just because he wanted to. Not that he'd vehemently turn down any form of gratitude, but he didn't do it for a reward.

And that's my point, you're kind because it EASES your own mind and makes your feel good inside. Your kindness does something for you. Hence why true altruism doesn't exist.

but at the same time I don't think anything bad will come to me BECAUSE I didn't help someone else... I do it because I want to, not because I need to

2. who knows how fucked up with herpie-aids she is if she is blowing strangers on the side of the road :p

GROSS!!! :lol: Aww Rillo, you are just a punkin!

I don't think that was what he was saying. He did it just because he wanted to. Not that he'd vehemently turn down any form of gratitude, but he didn't do it for a reward.

Golly darn you guys! Y'all are just fine, upstanding individuals that I am proud to e-know! (no sarcasm! SRSLY!)

Golly darn you guys! Y'all are just fine, upstanding individuals that I am proud to e-know! (no sarcasm! SRSLY!)

thank you;)

I still agree with jrmmiii on a philosophical level, anything we do, we do for ourselves. (In the strictest sense, there is no altruism)

I also think that "free will" is nothing more than an illusion, but this thread has been jacked enough.

thank you;)

I still agree with jrmmiii on a philosophical level, anything we do, we do for ourselves. (In the strictest sense, there is no altruism)

I also think that "free will" is nothing more than an illusion, but this thread has been jacked enough.

jerkface. ;)

I'd like to think I'm doing things for the sake of others and not myself, so if you don't mind leaving me in my little bubble of illusions and lies, I'd appreciate it. :D

That is so not true. Example...back in january/feb we had that snow storm. I was getting off of 270 and my tire blew out right in front of BWR on Broad. I pulled into the gas station and could not get the darn tire off to change the spare. It was like 5 degrees outside. The plow truck driver stopped and helped. He then could not get the darn tire off (lexus has crazy ways on keeping tires on) so another male came over to help. They were both a bit older and asked nothing in return. I offered money but they wouldn't take it. They asked nothing of me and said have a nice day and stay warm. They were just good people helping out someone stranded. There are good people out there still.

They all just wanted to check out your goodies. There's something about a woman in distress and being her knight in shining armor. If you were a man stranded on the side of the road, 99% of the time nobody is pulling over to help you out.

fact: rep!

meh. if for no other reason I would say its bc there's still this weird "women can't do 'car' stuff on their own" thing that people have in their heads... so to most men, women probably actually 'need' help more... I wouldn't say its bc they think they're going to get laid...

They all just wanted to check out your goodies. There's something about a woman in distress and being her knight in shining armor. If you were a man stranded on the side of the road, 99% of the time nobody is pulling over to help you out.

Ummm I was in a buisness suite and a turtle neck steven. And I don't ever pull over for anybody unless I know them but I will call the police if they are stranded to send help if i don't see them on a cell phone.