Nelson Ledges

owndjoo

Well everyone, I just returned home from a weekend up at the Sledges. Saturday was the Solo 20(20 lap endurance) races and the clouds poured open on us for both morning practices. Track dried out for 1 race before more of the wet stuff. Come time for my race (lightweight solo) and the track is drying but still wet. We all decided to run full rains... whoops! The track was completely dry within minutes of the green flag. I pulled into second place overall, 1st novice and proceeded to rip away from the field lapping second place...twice! made a few bucks for that.

Today is the WERA points paying Sprints. I raced HWT twins superstock and ran with the 1000cc twins on my lil 650, actually keeping up with the lead pack of experts before missing a downshift and allowing a novice ducati by on the inside. I took 2nd place but felt good for the upcoming sprints. In Formula 2 i continued with another amazing start. I shot up into the top 5 experts and put a sizeable lead on my novice counterparts. Within a few short laps I was 3rd overall chasing two of the fastest SV riders in the country Mr. Doug Duayne(sp) and Chris Parrish. I was able to keep on chris' tale and then keep him in sight. Lap traffic played a factor as 2nd place novice caught up on the last lap, but couldnt quite make a move through the traffic. In my 3rd and final race I ran Lightweight Twins Superstock. Two wave race. With another amazing start I ripped off a 1:14 first lap and put a big distance on the field and passing quite a few experts. Took it easy the last few laps and won by over 6 seconds.

All in all this was a great weekend that was a huge turning point for me. I finally clicked off some 1:13 laptimes at nelson and hung with some of the fastest SV riders in the land not to mention finally beating my two main rivals straight up....and by a lot! It's off to Grattan racetrack in Grand Rapids, Michigan next weekend where I hope to make up for my 2 crashes that happend last time i was there...

haha, thanks. mid ohio's gonna be a crazy weekend. I've gotta step it up a notch if i wanna get a win there. i'm really shootin for one of those pretty #1 plates and the trip to Vegas for the AMA awards banquet would rock. Next year's gonna be difficult with me bumping up to expert...