Bought it!

Lunatik3

Well, hitch in the giddyup already. Upon getting bike and seeing it (don't worry it'sno anything horrible)

Here are the bad,

1. Needs front fairing, not too expensive and fairly easy \

2. Needs ignition switch. Current system to start is very... creative (had key break off some time ago and made do)

3. Will need a little body/paint work on tank. When wrecked some gas spilled and ate at paint on tank.

4. The funny part.

My friend was putting in back up on trailer after I rode it a bit and the exhaust hit the oil pan. putting a nice little crack in the pan. No biggie quick fix once I get the new pan.

Other than that I think all it will need is new plugs and MAYBE a carb clean. But it's nice and smooth right now as far as I can tell. Should have it up and going on he road by next Weds/Thurs so I'll have to bring it out to a night.

Pics up tomorrow :evil:Yes you'll have to wait HA HA!

If you are going to replace the oil pan, you HAVE to get a Factory Pro shift kit. There is a documented problem with the Katanas and second gear that could potentially bend the shift forks, especially the 88-97's. All that's involved is replacing a small spring, I can get the snap ring tool from a buddy of mine. Unless you want to scrap your motor (it's a royal PITA to replace a shift fork, you're better off getting a new motor with tranny) it's a cheap mod that you're already doing 80% of the work to get to anyway.

If you are going to replace the oil pan, you HAVE to get a Factory Pro shift kit. There is a documented problem with the Katanas and second gear that could potentially bend the shift forks, especially the 88-97's. All that's involved is replacing a small spring, I can get the snap ring tool from a buddy of mine. Unless you want to scrap your motor (it's a royal PITA to replace a shift fork, you're better off getting a new motor with tranny) it's a cheap mod that you're already doing 80% of the work to get to anyway.

Work being done at/by friends. Will let him know. He's done alot to it already so it may have already been taken care of.