I almost bought this...Maybe someone from here wants it....

Dubguy85

Insurance said it wasn't title able :rolleyes:

the thing barely has scratches on the frame...insurance is crazy sometimes ...

i dont get it...is it a salvage title? or did it come from the factory with no title? if it used to have a title and got wrecked, wouldnt it become salvage title and would just need inspected before it got a rebuilt and hit the road again...i would file with the state for a title with the bill of sale and they will probably send you a salvage title for it

i dont get it...is it a salvage title? or did it come from the factory with no title? if it used to have a title and got wrecked, wouldnt it become salvage title and would just need inspected before it got a rebuilt and hit the road again...i would file with the state for a title with the bill of sale and they will probably send you a salvage title for it

Salvage is if they will let you fix it...they said it was totaled, and they said it could no longer be used on the street... I'm not the owner, but its owned by a 50 year old dude, and he'll give you the vin to look up..Its not a stolen bike or anything...On race bikes, this is not uncommon

Salvage is if they will let you fix it...they said it was totaled, and they said it could no longer be used on the street... I'm not the owner, but its owned by a 50 year old dude, and he'll give you the vin to look up..Its not a stolen bike or anything...On race bikes, this is not uncommon

oh ok..i was just wondering, i have never heard of this before

...On race bikes, this is not uncommon

Bullshit.

Different states have different rules for "totalled" bikes. Ohio has several classifications (salvage, rebuilt, original, etc.) Florida will change the title to a "certificate of destruction" if the bike (or car) is deemed not rebuildable.

There's only one reason that a bike doesn't have a title - the current holder of the bike has no connection to the previous title holder. Period.

In this particular case, the current "owner" of the bike bought it from a tow lot. That would lead me to believe that the bike got there due to an accident or similar situation (since it had obviously been down) and owed more on it than the insurance company gave him (or was going to give him) for it, and he walked.

Just because the vin doesnt show as up stolen doesnt mean that somewhere there isn't a bank looking for the rest of their money. They're probably not looking too hard though. Pretty typical, but if the bank ever found it, you'd have to give it back or pony up the payoff on it.