So, is NESBA a site sponsor now?

Moto-Brian

No, they're not a site sponsor. But they asked if they could give away two free track days and I had no problem with that. Hell, free stuff for the members is always good. But no, they are not a sponsor (hence no logos on the front page or up top, and no listing in the sponsors section). If STT wants to give away a couple free track days also, you guys are more than welcome.

NESBA doesn't let you decide what class you're in. They evaluate you and assign you to a class.

Ah gotcha, although i thought STT was the same regarding evaluation. OR is Brian just saying NESBA won't take your word for it that you do A w/STT and instead put you in I and evaluate you there?

They'd most likely start you in 'Novice' no matter what you told them' date=' but I'm not 100%. I do know that they don't fuck around and their 'Intermediate' riders are faster than most 'Advanced' students in STT. This comes from very reliable sources that have extensive track time under their belts.[/quote']

Not always the case.

Trust me, we have some riders faster than their riders and they have sone faster than ours. Issue is they are somewhat hard core on moving riders to advanced. Typically, only riders with race licenses...

As for give aways, I'll talk to monte.

Good and bad.. I've done a couple 'Intermediate' STT days and there are lots of riders that should be in 'Novice' for a little while longer. It's like trying to dodge runaway kittens on crack. :eek:

Thats how it was in I at Gingerman.. the track has plenty of spots to pass but sometimes i was getting a lil close and scarin some people.

Thats how it was in I at Gingerman.. the track has plenty of spots to pass but sometimes i was getting a lil close and scarin some people.

LOL I was suprised how many people I got around my first time in "I" up there. Guess I wasn't the only one :(

Edited by tomato_racing

Not always the case.

Issue is they are somewhat hard core on moving riders to advanced. Typically, only riders with race licenses...

As for give aways, I'll talk to monte.

This is actually incorrect.

Let me clarify some inaccuracies within this thread.

1. You can sign up for the intermediate group with NESBA on your first day.

2. You can get your "bump" to Advanced as long as you are consistent, predicatable and hold a decent pace (i.e. 1:20 or under at Putnam) which means....ANYONE can get bumped to Advanced as long as they are consistent, predicatable and hold a decent pace...it is not only reserved for people who hold race licenses. If you are an Advanced rider with STT and you meet this criteria all you have to do is register for an event in the Intermediate group and line up behind a track coach and you will be bumped to Advanced with Nesba...its that simple.

3. You can register for an event in the Advanced Group if you currently hold a Expert race license.

If you have any other questions about NESBA feel free to ask.

Edited by Bucky Badger

Thanks for the clarification.. too bad you live in Wisconsin. I was going to give you rep' date=' but I hate Wisconsin. :puke:[/quote']

Give a cheesehead a break man....If living in Wisconsin isn't bad enough already...then I can't even get rep from a brother. :DMan times are tough....

This is actually incorrect.

Let me clarify some inaccuracies within this thread.

1. You can sign up for the intermediate group with NESBA on your first day.

2. You can get your "bump" to Advanced as long as you are consistent, predicatable and hold a decent pace (i.e. 1:20 or under at Putnam) which means....ANYONE can get bumped to Advanced as long as they are consistent, predicatable and hold a decent pace...it is not only reserved for people who hold race licenses. If you are an Advanced rider with STT and you meet this criteria all you have to do is register for an event in the Intermediate group and line up behind a track coach and you will be bumped to Advanced with Nesba...its that simple.

3. You can register for an event in the Advanced Group if you currently hold a Expert race license.

If you have any other questions about NESBA feel free to ask.

how is what I said inaccurate? You are saying that you will evaluate the riders and if they meet your criteria, they can move up. But, licensed racers (some can't even get under :20 at Putnam) can start in advanced.

Where am I wrong here?

Oh, and like I said, if you are advanced with STT, you have to start in I group and get graded.

There's a good number of advanced riders in STT that would EASILY be A group with NESBA. But, their rules and their game so... Just wanted to give a heads up to STT riders as they are prominent on this site.

Issue is they are somewhat hard core on moving riders to advanced. Typically, only riders with race licenses...

It seemed as though you were saying that "Typically, only riders wtih race licenses get moved to Advanced". That statement would be incorrect..our Advanced riders are mainly comprised of trackday riders not racers.

If that isn't what you meant by that statement...I apologize for taking your quote out of context.