HELP!! really bored... so.. ask me somethign

Hoblick

i got injurred at work.. long story, but i have since been put on restrictions by my chiropractor, and i have to work like 2 weeks in an office in marysville.

yesterday i seriously sat in front of the same computer for 8 hours reading on different forums, and motorcycle news sites.

now im on day 2... 2 hours and 22 minutes into my day and i think i reached the end of the internet.

so please entertain me.

ask me questions..

need worldy advice...

need something researched..

need detailing tips..

whatever.. im jsut bored.

goingtop go for a smoke break and when i come back i hope there is somethign to read!

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd go crazy on streaming sites like www.hulu.com or www.animeseason.com, or probably just play Xbox

Thinking about building a murderbike over the winter. How could I take a goldwing frame and engine and then slam the thing to the ground so that it sits like a bobber?

cant watch videos, and no sound..

as for your second question, lower through the tripples, or use shorter forks from antoher bike.

for the rear, shorter shocks from another bike, solid short struts instead of shocks, or air bags.

I have questions about your VFR. Seems like you and your wife traveled alot on that thing and while its classified as a "sport touring" bike, it just doesn't look like it would be THAT much more comfortable than a sport bike. Do you need to do alot of mods to it to make it 2up long distance friendly? Corbin seats? Your tailcase rail mount for your wife to sit comfortably? Higher clipons?

OK serious question about motorcycle detailing:

This is what I did last time: washed it with lil bit of dishwashing soap in a bucket of water, washed off, blow dried then just applied the nxt 2.0 wax. It was OK. But what I see is lots of swirls etc.. blah blah mainly on the tank.

Suggest me something easy and practical.....for the tank and the plastics (I have vinyl decals).....does not have to be show bike quality and stuff easy to find in auto stores....

Thanks a lot man....:bow:

I have questions about your VFR. Seems like you and your wife traveled alot on that thing and while its classified as a "sport touring" bike, it just doesn't look like it would be THAT much more comfortable than a sport bike. Do you need to do alot of mods to it to make it 2up long distance friendly? Corbin seats? Your tailcase rail mount for your wife to sit comfortably? Higher clipons?

the overall setaing position on the VFR vs. a traditional sportbike is quite a noticeable difference when sitting on it.

legs have more room, bars are more upright, and seat is not as much pitched towards the gas tank, and not as sloped.

no you dont really need anythgin for it to be comfy, but all thigns help..

the seat, as on any bike is a big improvement.

the VFR is a great middle ground between a REAL sport touring bike such as a FJR1300 and a sportbike.

its no where near as comfy as a FJR, but its leaps above a sportbike.

it handles incredible well, and is very confidence inspiring.

great powerplant.

its hard to explain until you ride one.

OK serious question about motorcycle detailing:

This is what I did last time: washed it with lil bit of dishwashing soap in a bucket of water, washed off, blow dried then just applied the nxt 2.0 wax. It was OK. But what I see is lots of swirls etc.. blah blah mainly on the tank.

Suggest me something easy and practical.....for the tank and the plastics (I have vinyl decals).....does not have to be show bike quality and stuff easy to find in auto stores....

Thanks a lot man....:bow:

your wash techniques are what are making the paint swirl.

invest in a grit guard fro your wash bucket, and also a 2 bucket method with heavy nap wash mits are great. and try using compressed air or a leaf blower to dry the bike off after washing..

along side that .. dont use dish soap get some decent car wash like meguirs or something.

dish soaps strip wax off of painted surfaces.

as for removing swirls.. youll be very hard pressed to do much in the way of removing swirls without some kind of machine. but if you wish you can try some meguirs swirl remover, and alot of time. hand rubbing the stuf.. jsut follow the directions. and youll probably have to do a few passes per sections.

also use only micro fiber towels when wiping away your wax or whatever.

Two words, my friend: Honda Cleaner

I have no idea what's in it, but you can get it at any honda dealership. It's a black spray bottle with a diagonal bar of white and purple on it.

Spray on and wipe till it disappears. It's like the best thing ever.

Since I just about never wash my bike, one can of this stuff has lasted me nearly 5 years.

How do they keep the water in water towers that freezes from busting the tower?

here are the answers i found..

1; fans on the top of the tower are adjusted so that the air blown out could not come back to tower again, because that air is already saturated and can freeze if re-enters in the C.T.

2; by entring hot water in the tower from the middle of the C.T. so that it could not come into contact with saturated air for long time.

3. by using Forced craft cooling tower so that air entering could be handeled.

either the walls are insulated or there is some heat added to the tank. Probably both.

You could also keep the level lower so it would be easier to keep what water that is in the tank warm.

1 the water is always flowing

2 the water level in the tank is frequently raised and lowered in order to keep the ice cap floating in the tank.

Two words, my friend: Honda Cleaner

I have no idea what's in it, but you can get it at any honda dealership. It's a black spray bottle with a diagonal bar of white and purple on it.

Spray on and wipe till it disappears. It's like the best thing ever.

Since I just about never wash my bike, one can of this stuff has lasted me nearly 5 years.

if you ever plan on painting your biek this stuff is deadly.. its pure silicone.

plus it doesnt do anything but make it shiny.

Kosmo has real paint on his bike.. base clear

if he hade OEM plastics not painted, and the OEM gel coated tank it may be a different story, but id still reccomend my method

oh and kosmo.. anothe rthing to try after the meguaris swirl remover process is soem meguairs hand glaze, for what swirls you cant get out.. the glaze will help hide them