basement sealer??

kawi kid

im getting ready to remodel my basement, and i was wonderin if anyone has had any experience with a water sealer that you either roll on the cement walls of your basement.

my gutters plugged once and over flowed and i had a little water coming through the walls at one point. it wasnt a whole bunch and hasnt happened since i got the gutter problem fixed. but i just wanted a little extra insurance to make it not happen ever again if i was to put nicer carpent and finish the walls.

any suggestions would be awesome thanks everyone,

Brian

I would recommend ugl drylok. You have one chance when sealing basement walls. Some people just paint their walls without thinking, bad move because you can never really seal the walls again even with a sealer. The ugl drylok is the best I have seen and used. Its kind of a pain using it because its thick stuff and kind of smelly but why take the chance. Its not the cheapest stuff if memory serves. But again why take the chance. You can find other products out there which have similar sealing qualities but again why take the chance. Follow the products for testing moisture levels in the block/concrete. You may need to tape a piece of plastic on the wall and wait to see if moisture appears in between the wall and the plastic to test moisture content.

I would recommend ugl drylok. You have one chance when sealing basement walls. Some people just paint their walls without thinking, bad move because you can never really seal the walls again even with a sealer. The ugl drylok is the best I have seen and used. Its kind of a pain using it because its thick stuff and kind of smelly but why take the chance. Its not the cheapest stuff if memory serves. But again why take the chance. You can find other products out there which have similar sealing qualities but again why take the chance. Follow the products for testing moisture levels in the block/concrete. You may need to tape a piece of plastic on the wall and wait to see if moisture appears in between the wall and the plastic to test moisture content.

+1 for drylok.

thanks everyone. im checking into that stuff tonight.

nick i have that stuff on there but apparently it failed some how. i think i might replace that part just to make sure it dont happen again.

thanks again everyone!