Car window motor...

Benyen Soljax

Unbolt it.

Just kidding. Take all the shit out and get replacement parts from the junk yard. There's not much to it. If you need more helpful advice, please ask me. I once replaced my windshield wiper...it only took me three tries over two hours.

LOL that's hilarious. Where are you located nurse?

Unbolt it.

Just kidding. Take all the shit out and get replacement parts from the junk yard. There's not much to it. If you need more helpful advice, please ask me. I once replaced my windshield wiper...it only took me three tries over two hours.

anyone have any experience changing out the window motors for early 90s hondas? (1990 acura integra is my car). it went out today in the DOWN position and its being held up by 2x4s right now :(. if anyone has some knowledge to help me out i would really appreciate the help.

Wait a second? Held up by 2x4's? I am confused by this... If your window needs held up, it's probably not the motor... Unless the worm gear completely blew and it runs free when you press the button...

I had a 1990 Honda Accord and one day I put the window down a little in the rain to ash my smoke... It wouldn't go back up... So I put it down a little more to see if it would go, then it went all the way down... Wouldn't go back up again.

I took apart the switch and took a lil' wire brush to the contacts and it worked fine... I had it for another couple years without issue... Sold it... and the window still probably works.

Wait a second? Held up by 2x4's? I am confused by this... If your window needs held up, it's probably not the motor... Unless the worm gear completely blew and it runs free when you press the button...

I had a 1990 Honda Accord and one day I put the window down a little in the rain to ash my smoke... It wouldn't go back up... So I put it down a little more to see if it would go, then it went all the way down... Wouldn't go back up again.

I took apart the switch and took a lil' wire brush to the contacts and it worked fine... I had it for another couple years without issue... Sold it... and the window still probably works.

yeah i unbolted the motor so it goes up. it wont move with the motor bolted in. im gonna try and take it out to see if i can clean it up and itll work, but im not too hopeful.

edit: it needs held up cause i live on campus...never know what kind of creepy crawlies are checking out your stuff. (yotaman)

yeah i unbolted the motor so it goes up. it wont move with the motor bolted in. im gonna try and take it out to see if i can clean it up and itll work, but im not too hopeful.

edit: it needs held up cause i live on campus...never know what kind of creepy crawlies are checking out your stuff. (yotaman)

Did you hook up the motor to a power source to see if it turns?

I live on campus too... I surely know.

i just pulled out the motor...its greased up...contacts are good...but it wont turn the gear. just plain dead i think. the thing is so old it might as well be dead. right before it died it was already crankin super slow, so i needed a new one anywho. ordered a new one from advance...i usually dont buy their crappy parts but its like 30 bucks cheaper than napa.