Electrical help: Headlight wont turn on now

NightRider

My sabre's headlight will not come on now. I have no idea why, wouldn't know where to start. Wether the bulb just needs replaced, or there's a short or something. When i 1st got the bike, the headlight would only come on if the brights were on.

What sucks about the sabre, is it's got a headlight case. It's not like i can just unscrew the lens and check out the bulb. Also if you notice in the pic, it's got aftermarket fog lights installed. Those work, and are as bright as the headlight....but riding at night i'm sure some leo will pull me over for the actual light being out.

100_6247.jpg

Would anyone around me be willing to look at it? I'm just worried if i take the case off, i'm not going to be able to get it back on right. If NOT, where would i start to get that fucker off? Any tips to getting it back on correctly?

If anyone's willing to look at it, and let me know what i need/what the issue is i would greatly appreciate it. I could provide beer, or throw a little cash your way. Also, i could ride the bike to you, in the daytime. I would let it go, and try to take care of it later...but i'd like to make it out to a bike night soon.

Thanks

Get a mutimeter and read the voltage at the connector... if the low beam signal isn't showing 12V, you'll need to trace the wire back through each connection point to determine where the signal is lost.

If each wire (high/low) beam is +12V from ground when appropriately turned on... then replace the bulb.

Or, you could also ohm out the bulb to see if it's got the appropriate resistance for it's wattage.

Cakewalk, mang. :)

Sounds like a bulb to me, i'll be in lancaster this afternoon 1-3 if you want me to help you with the removal of the front plastic. PM me if you are around

Hey, thanks for the offer. I totally missed this lol. Didn't get on OR until now. With my luck...there's no way it's gonna be just a bulb haha. There's more than likely going to be a short...or something.

Thanks Zach, IP, JRM and Scorp.

Edited by NightRider