'99 cbr 600f4 - $2500, 19.5k

progrmr

This bike has a salvage title, but you can't tell by the way it looks and runs.

Per the previous owner, his girl dropped the bike in the parking lot - at which time a bolt that holds the fairing to the frame on the left side broke off in the frame, so they totaled the bike. He removed and replaced the bolt, there was no other damage other than cosmetic stuff which is light.

I am just done with riding I think. I don't enjoy riding alone, always concerned that I'm gonna miss a patch of gravel and wreck. Or that some stupid a$$ in a cage won't see me and ruin my day/life. IMO, if you have these thoughts in your mind all the time while you're on the bike, you probably shouldn't be. So - I'm getting out of the riding game.

I paid $3300, and replaced the rear brake pads and rear tire (dunlop qualifier). Priced it down to $2500 because the front tire needs to be changed (not bad, but should be replaced very soon), also the chain needs to be replaced. I'd also recommend doing the front/rear sprockets at the same time. So I figured $2500 is a fair price.

I did mount some turn signals on it that you don't see on the pics. Bike works 100% fine and can be ridden for the rest of the season, but I'd recommend doing that chain asap :)

Let me know if you've got any questions. Thanks!

cbr1.jpg

cbr2.jpg

Edited by progrmr

Bike looks good for the price. Listen man, you end up doing what you want...what you have too....but don't sell yourself short. Why did you get into riding in the 1st place? You obviously seem to have a passion, and an interest in motorcycles. I am kinda in the same situation, about the riding alone thing. Definitely not as fun. But that's what the website is for, post up a ride or something. Hell, if it will cause you to keep your bike...and stick with riding, i'll ride with you until your bike breaks.

We all deal with the danger, that's no secret. It will always be there, and you could end up dying in a car accident tomorrow. So why not enjoy the fun, while you can?

I don't know you, but i think deep down...your going to regret selling your bike...and giving up the sport. And i was serious, if you want to ride...just let me know.

Do what you gotta do, either way good luck.

I don't think it's so much a riding alone thing - I do worry when riding alone that I'll go down and not be able to get to help by myself. But when riding with others, which I've pretty much given up on, I find that I'm just not comfortable having other riders behind me and even if I'm in the rear of the pack I'm always over thinking what's in the next turn, around that next blind hill or turn. Most people that I've ridden with don't deal with that - they just seem to be naturally comfortable and don't worry about the same stuff I do.

Riding in to work presents its own set of issues with rush hour traffic and dealing with the endless number of everyday riding situations we all deal with. I actually had to avoid a bail of hay in the middle of the right lane on 315 once!

I agree that every rider deals with the danger...I haven't been w/o a bike since 2003 and have been on a bike at one point or another since 1993. Anymore, I'd rather hop in the cage so that if some crap does go down on my ride at least I've got a couple tons of steel to protect my hide.

Also don't think I ever really got over my wreck in 2007, which is why I think I overthink and worry about that next corner and whether or not the tires will stay under me when I lean over.

I don't know man - Some part of me will miss riding but with all that going on in my head I don't really enjoy it anyway, not like I should.

PM sent.

And just because I don't ride doesn't mean I'm not living. I've been playing bass for about a year and just joined a church worship band, going out with friends and socializing. I've been on a bike every season since 2003, and years before that. I've had a lot of time on a lot of different bikes, and some really great times too. For now, I think it's time for me to move on.

Thanks for the thoughtful advice though, I'm in a good place with my decision.

PM sent.

And just because I don't ride doesn't mean I'm not living. I've been playing bass for about a year and just joined a church worship band, going out with friends and socializing. I've been on a bike every season since 2003, and years before that. I've had a lot of time on a lot of different bikes, and some really great times too. For now, I think it's time for me to move on.

Thanks for the thoughtful advice though, I'm in a good place with my decision.

If your happy, that's all that matters. I guess. Jk:p I didn't know you went down, i never have...so i don't know what that's like, but i can understand.

It just sucks to see one of us leaving the sport. Anyway, whatever you decide...good luck. Maybe you can take up dirt bikes or something?

I have to agree about the going down....I have been riding for a while , past 30 years I think, and I went down few times. It sticks in your mind, no doubt. You always worry about what you mentioned....tires giving away, chain breaking, bolts coming loose, cows crossing streets, Amish buggy leaving horse shit all over the place...

I am always thinking of that and I learned a great deal of my limitation and capabilities.

One thing that work for me before I ride, particularly with a group is to check my ego at the door.

Some people ride faster, some slower, I just ride in my comfort "zone" and most of those thoughts don't come into play.

Also what worked for me to overcome the initial riding fear, was to switch from sports bike to regular cruiser.

I bought myself few years ago a Yamaha Vstar 650. Little bike with little power.

I felt very secure riding it, since I didn't have all the horsepower to get myself in trouble.

With time I regained the confidence to go back to sports bikes and I am glad I never let the fear of falling again , take over me and away from riding.

In the end , I understand if you need some time off .....after all there is no sense of riding if you no longer enjoying it....you can always get back riding once again, as soon as you'll regain your confidence.

Good luck either way!!