Need some rear shock help! Anyone have the right tools?

Dubguy85

Take your rear stand, lift the bike as you usually would do. Get two jack stands (don't need to be for a 3 ton truck, either. Small ones are fine) and place under your rear sets. GENTLY drop the bike down onto the jack stands by dropping the rear stand. That will unload the rear wheel and keep it off the ground.

My suggestion is to remove the rear wheel - easier to lift and wiggle the swingarm. Loosen the top and bottom shock mount nuts. Lift SLIGHTLY the swingarm to get the bolts out. The swing arm will drop to the ground and be fine. Will also allow a BIG opening to get the shock off. DO NOT remove the top nut on the frame that holds the shock collar on. You only need to remove the bolts that hold the shock on and not the collar...

Remove the straps that hold the remote reservoir on. Wiggle the shock out and BAMO!! She should be off easily.

Do you have the Penske spring tool? Looks like a dowl rod with a slight bend at the end? Helps to add spring tension or remove spring tension? If not, I have one.

Here are some pics for reference...

Top bolt needing removed:

topbolt.jpg

Bottom bolt needing removed:

bottombolt.jpg

Freakin sweet write up! Rep for you! Thanks man..I'll see if I can do it