2010 yz450

Ruffryder63

Once again the tuning-fork engineers cease to amaze me. Cannondale tried this years ago....they were onto something ?

http://cyclenews.com/articles/new-bikes/2009/09/08/yamaha-unveils-2010-yz450f

The key word here is "tried"... The CDale was an utter failure and Yamaha was actually the first of the big 4 to try out FI. They have been making sure it was 100% to their standards before launching.

I am amazed at the detail and thought on this one. I just hope it isn't too much, too fast...

GRAND ideas and engineering, though!

The key word here is "tried"... The CDale was an utter failure and Yamaha was actually the first of the big 4 to try out FI. They have been making sure it was 100% to their standards before launching.

I am amazed at the detail and thought on this one. I just hope it isn't too much, too fast...

GRAND ideas and engineering, though!

the 08 rmz had FI

the 08 rmz had FI

Correct, but Yamaha was trying it out before the others did. It was somewhat shocking they didn't come to the table first, but look how poor the sales were and slow to market the RMZ was. Maybe Yamaha knew something.

In any case, every year, they always had an FI bike they ran in the Japanese series (where you typically see new things surface before production). Suzuki was first to produce in a selling to the market stand point...

Shit you can't find a honda FI bike .Everyone wants one.IMO I'm more likely to stay away from a bunch of electronic bullshit when we're way out in the middle of the woods.Plus I wonder what all you must do to put something like a big bore kit on it???????:violin: I guess I like the carb better for a dirtbike......just seems to make sense.?.?

I think I'm shocked the most over losing a valve. It must be a starting/weight issue. With the intake and FI up front it only makes sense inertially why this may be the future. Although not quite as innovative as the 2009 Husaberg , its another "WOW".

What's next? ABS and gyro's ? Yamaha and Husaberg/KTM

It will be interesting to see how these rate and hold up,the ergonomic's make sense?

I think I'm shocked the most over losing a valve. It must be a starting/weight issue. With the intake and FI up front it only makes sense inertially why this may be the future. Although not quite as innovative as the 2009 Husaberg , its another "WOW".

What's next? ABS and gyro's ? Yamaha and Husaberg/KTM have been ground-breakers with 4-stroke

It will be interesting to see how these rate and hold up,the ergonomic's make sense?

What's next? ABS and gyro's ? Yamaha and Husaberg/KTM have been ground-breakers with 4-stroke technology...remember folk's

What's next? ABS and gyro's ? Yamaha and Husaberg/KTM have been ground-breakers with 4-stroke technology...remember folk's ragging on Doug Henry's

What's next? ABS and gyro's ? Yamaha and Husaberg/KTM have been ground-breakers with 4-stroke technology...remember folk's ragging on Doug Henry's debut of the 400F in Vegas

What's next ... ABS and gyro's ?

It will be interesting to see how these rate and hold up,the ergonomic's make sense.

What's next? ABS and gyro's ? Yamaha and Husaberg/KTM have been ground-breakers with 4-stroke technology...remember folk's ragging on Doug Henry's debut of the 400F in Vegas

You can say that again.

Yamaha has given up on the 5 valve technology that they've tried for years to perfect. motors just work beter with 4.

They better do something KTM is going to be killin it in 2010.

KTM's suck!!! ;) lol

interesting exhaust on that bike.

and

Uhhh i thought 2 smokes were no more? or that just honda?

..man if they would put half the $$$ they put into 4 stroker technology, 2 smokers would be killin 'em!!! i mean why not opil injected for the trails bike??? premix would stay for MX bikes of course...... i still cant decide IF i am going to get ride of 250 2-s....may just keep the 2 smoke along with the 4 stroker :)