MC collision this morning - Cbus

ReconRat

Early morning traffic, like 6am. Co-worker just called in a motorcycle collision on I-670 East bound near Neil Ave. sounds like rider ok, but tangled with a vehicle. Parts and pieces on the roadway.

It wasn't me. Although I am a bit damp from riding this morning. Lots of fun spinning rear wheel and sliding around (with both wheels). Greasy roads.

edit: quick pic of traffic backed up behind accident:

neilave.jpg

Ok, now this is funny. No riders, it was a truck hauling motorcycles. That would be why there are pieces and parts all over the roadway. Maybe 6 motorcycles? Don't know for sure.

Another pic, looks like truck on it's side:

neilave2.jpg

And it now appears like there are more accidents in the traffic backed up. And the East bound I-670 freeway is now shut down. Everyone is being forced off the freeway on one of the downtown exit ramps.

If you don't know where the Ohio ODOT webcams are, they are here: Buckeye Traffic

More edit: sorry about your luck if you are coming into Columbus from the West on I-70 this morning. Current rumor is that the city plans on shutting down I-670 at the I-70 East split, and forcing all traffic over onto I-70 East bound. That's crowded in the first place, it will be impossible this morning. East bound I-70 will be backed up past the outerbelt.

Edited by ReconRat
add pic

There was a SEMI overturned right there, not a MC crash, unless someone had a accident because of the traffic from the semi incident.

Eastbound 670 between 315 and Neil is CLOSED and will be thru the morning rush.

it was a harley truck

the semi was carrying 20 something harleys and overturned..

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2009/09/23/harley.html?type=rss&cat=&sid=101

ok, so a quick walk over there to grab stuff would be wasted? I'm real close...

It was a Ceva Ground truck transporting bikes into Cbus. Bad day for the driver, worse day for customer retention for Ceva, especially when rates are as low as they are..... Someone will be shopping around.

We import for American Showa(SHOWA) for HDs, Buels, Honda's, and basically any brand bike that uses SHOWA suspension, and its a tuff market right now.