09 r1

kzz21

keep in mind prices are always negotionable. so for everyone asking about the price already, the asking price is jst a starting point.

But asking $700 off a price of a new bike with 12 months of warranty, he's a little off. No matter the condition, it isn't new and is used. New ones are at $9799 at some places and although prep and handling will be added, he's still way off...

The idea behind selling is to attract people to your product. $700 off a new unit doesn't pull in many possible buyers...

I agree. I see used bikes listed for 2 grand or more over what new ones sell for on E-bay at times. The owners aren't trying to screw anyone - just they paid in excess of 12 grand and are trying to get some of their money back ..

It's next to impossible to sell a used bike in the same year it was introduced - especially late in the year when dealers are heavy discounting, offering warranties and can pull financing.

I doubt he'll make the sale without some really heavy discounting.

Especially in light of the prices of new CBR1000RR's being in the low 7's.

I agree. I see used bikes listed for 2 grand or more over what new ones sell for on E-bay at times. The owners aren't trying to screw anyone - just they paid in excess of 12 grand and are trying to get some of their money back ..

It's next to impossible to sell a used bike in the same year it was introduced - especially late in the year when dealers are heavy discounting, offering warranties and can pull financing.

I doubt he'll make the sale without some really heavy discounting.

Especially in light of the prices of new CBR1000RR's being in the low 7's.

There's a reason the CBRs are being discounted. Not even close to being the same bike as the R1 and GSXRs...

But asking $700 off a price of a new bike with 12 months of warranty, he's a little off. No matter the condition, it isn't new and is used. New ones are at $9799 at some places and although prep and handling will be added, he's still way off...

The idea behind selling is to attract people to your product. $700 off a new unit doesn't pull in many possible buyers...

:nono: make an offer........... its just a starting point. what is so hard about that? you want to buy it for 8 tell him.

:nono: make an offer........... its just a starting point. what is so hard about that? you want to buy it for 8 tell him.

If you want to leave it in the hands of the buyer, you're going to get low ball offers and silly responses like $8... As I was trying to elude to, if he wants to sell it, start at a reasonable or attractive offer and you'll get more responses... For example, start at $9500. It's the same idea as posting an item at $9.99 instead of $10.00. It's only a penny but it leaves the customer seeing it at $9 and not $10... Marketing...

If you want to leave it in the hands of the buyer, you're going to get low ball offers and silly responses like $8... As I was trying to elude to, if he wants to sell it, start at a reasonable or attractive offer and you'll get more responses... For example, start at $9500. It's the same idea as posting an item at $9.99 instead of $10.00. It's only a penny but it leaves the customer seeing it at $9 and not $10... Marketing...

my 8 dollar offer was reasonable lizard 1

Where to start?????? I have put alot big $ items on here and SOLD EVERY one at a reasonable price. If I don't sell it I'll trade it (+ $700ish in value for the tax) ,,,, maybe a 2010 BMW 1000RR next bike. When I go to the dealer its $500 more for F&P and $700 for tax,,, 10,700+1,200=$11,900 OK heres 1 better no credit? Financing available.