Does anyone know any good ASVAB study books?

Mr Anderson

I remember doing a practice test. Ask your recruiter. I remember it being pretty simple. I aced it. But I had friends who failed multiple times.

Yea I scored a 70 last time I took it 3 years ago. I almost joined the National Guard then. I think I am ready to join so I am trying to get a good score.

9780764195464.jpg

What about this book? My friend said he used it and got a 93.

There is no book out there that will guarentee you score high. Get online, like amazon, search for books and read the reviews. And if I remember correctly, you can take the ASVAB as many times as you please. Take a couple practice tests, either online or at the recruiters station.

I didn't study at all, got a 78 or something but that was good enough for what I wanted, to be a tank mechanic. Of course that was 7 years ago. And I suck at taking tests.

the asvab tests are easier than a g.e.d. test....you can pass that shit in basically any section with flying colors while a retarded monkey is poking you in the side of the head....my advice is study on the mos you actually want to go into, cause thats really the only score that matters.

<B>what branch? and fyi...those that are stating their scores...their different for each branch....army top score is 90 across the board and the navy is around 130 i think. each branch of the forces have a different score for each section (ex. mechanical, electrical, computers, etc etc). the only way you can say you got a score of, example, '78' is taking the overall average of all sections (around 8 sections i think) for say your army scores...which means you could have scored a 66 on your math skills and you could also score a 90 (perfect) on your mechanical skills, makin your average 78 for those%

Edited by drumbtzz

the asvab tests are easier than a g.e.d. test....you can pass that shit with flying colors while a retarded monkey is poking you in the side of the head....

what branch? and fyi...those that are stating their scores...their different for each branch....army top score is 90 and the navy is around 130 i think, the same test will be different scores for each

good luck though! post your scores :p

True dat. I tried getting into the USAF in 2002, I think my ASVAB was 88. My recruiter immediately started seeing dollar signs, as apparently I scored higher than the average bear and he gets a bonus for high ASVAB placements.

Just understand that the recruiter has a financial incentive and motivation to get you in the door. The recruiter that I had openly suggested that I falsify medical records, then when I was able to find those medical records, he "suggested" that I bury them. Needless to say I didn't. If things don't appear on the level, get out of there and get some advice.

True dat. I tried getting into the USAF in 2002, I think my ASVAB was 88. My recruiter immediately started seeing dollar signs, as apparently I scored higher than the average bear and he gets a bonus for high ASVAB placements.

Just understand that the recruiter has a financial incentive and motivation to get you in the door. The recruiter that I had openly suggested that I falsify medical records, then when I was able to find those medical records, he "suggested" that I bury them. Needless to say I didn't. If things don't appear on the level, get out of there and get some advice.

That is very true, but I don't think that would be the case right now. The Army at least, wasn't taking anybody without a HS diploma. Their GED program (where they paid to have a potential recruit go take the test) was stoppped. This is how it was a few months ago when I was going to re-enlist. And plus they told me that I would probably have three jobs available to me; infantry, special forces and EOD(bomb disposal).

If you want any specialized job you will need at least a 110 GT score. I can only speak for the regular army but they have dropped alot of the waivers they were issuing when I came in. Not saying you would need any of them, just relaying it. Barrons is an excellent study guide. I used the same company when I took the AFAST.

If you want any specialized job you will need at least a 110 GT score. I can only speak for the regular army but they have dropped alot of the waivers they were issuing when I came in. Not saying you would need any of them, just relaying it. Barrons is an excellent study guide. I used the same company when I took the AFAST.

Whats a GT score? Joining the Army National Guard.

That's crazy, happened to me to, After my knee surgeries, tried out of high school to serve, recruiter told me no way.

Tried again a couple years later while in college probably around '98. Took the ASVAB and scored 99 percentile, they were almost ready to blow me to sign up, and I pretty much could have went to any program in any branch.

Went to do the physical , remember it being some overnight ordeal.

Had a meeting with a few guys that wanted to me to change some medical info and get another surgery to remove the pins that I have. I was real close to doing it.