A funny thing happened on the way to meet Danny this afternoon

magifesq

I was going to meet Danny, and get his turbos for the turbojet engine project, while driving downtown Columbus in the leftmost lane of 3 lanes on my side of the road I was going slihgtly uphill and the road had a 45 degree curve to it and suddenly hyrdoplaned did 2 donuts and hit the bridge rail - here's pix of the little bit of damage, I was quite fortunate it wasn't worse (like mutli-car pile up, no cop no ticket, no injuries, etc...).

PIC00009.jpg

Did I mention I ended up on the right most lane perpendicular to traffic when the truck stopped? Yep, God must still be on my side lol

God? Funny how he shows up late so often. He must enjoy the preview before he intervenes.

Kind of like when people pray for a win at a game.. he's got nothing else to do with his powers, given the state of the world, than to influence sporting events.

Not picking on you just commenting in general... you hear this stuff all the time.

God? Funny how he shows up late so often. He must enjoy the preview before he intervenes.

Kind of like when people pray for a win at a game.. he's got nothing else to do with his powers, given the state of the world, than to influence sporting events.

Not picking on you just commenting in general... you hear this stuff all the time.

Dude,

I used to be skeptical like you, but when you think about a hydroplaning truck going from far left lane to far right lane and having a bridge to stop the truck and minimal damage to both, things could have been much much worse. My faith is a personal thing, not preaching, just saying where I'm coming from.

Believe, don't believe, live life and have fun bro.

Dude,

I used to be skeptical like you, but when you think about a hydroplaning truck going from far left lane to far right lane and having a bridge to stop the truck and minimal damage to both, things could have been much much worse. My faith is a personal thing, not preaching, just saying where I'm coming from.

Believe, don't believe, live life and have fun bro.

Don't get me wrong..Hey the fact you believe at all makes you tops in my book. I just don't believe God intervenes in such a random fashion to prevent a traffic accident, or a win for a football game while millions suffer from poverty, disease, hunger etc.

Once you start crediting him for intervening when something goes your way then you also open the door of having to blame him when it doesn't...just a thought.

Don't get me wrong..Hey the fact you believe at all makes you tops in my book. I just don't believe God intervenes in such a random fashion to prevent a traffic accident, or a win for a football game while millions suffer from poverty, disease, hunger etc.

Once you start crediting him for intervening when something goes your way then you also open the door of having to blame him when it doesn't...just a thought.

Personally - I believe he exists.. I just don't believe he intervenes as often as people would imply. It is just hard for me to reconcile his saving you in that particular instance while somewhere an innocent child dies from a horribly disfiguring disease or dies from a beating from his alcoholic mother or father.

In your case you had ample opportunity to make choices that could have contributed or avoided your experience.. in my example the children did not. So why would God pass them up and yet assist you?

Perhaps he did or didn't. I don't know. Just food for thought.

Didn't mean to hijack your thread but - like you my thoughts are often on God and how and when he interacts with us.

be glad it wasn't your bike sliding accross 3 lanes.

Oh yea, and hydroplaning across the interstate blows. Did it in a friends formula, he did a 720* and ended up partly in the median on the fastlane of I-70, with a semi headed straight at us, luckily was able to get the car started and backed off the road. Saw my life flash by right there.

Good questions bro, I definitely don't have all the answers, but I do believe he works on behalf of those who have faith in him and call up on him in thier time of trouble - sometimes the answer is yes, no, and not now. If things had gotten worse I'd still believe that good came from it in the survival of the accident by me and others, if my truck got destroyed I'd be thankful for my life being spared, if I had passed then I'd be thankful to be in a much better place - I'm always working on expressing my attitude of gratitude.

You're being fair in thinking there's complex logic in applying fairness to good and evil in the world. We could debate these other issues later, thanks for speaking your mind.

be glad it wasn't your bike sliding accross 3 lanes.

:werd:

Oh yea, and hydroplaning across the interstate blows. Did it in a friends formula, he did a 720* and ended up partly in the median on the fastlane of I-70, with a semi headed straight at us, luckily was able to get the car started and backed off the road. Saw my life flash by right there.

Glad you're alright to tell the tale. Last summer I hydroplaned 2 times on a simple 2 lane state route - stayed on the roads both times but truck went totally sideways one way and flipped around to go sideways the other way. Life is good, but sometimes the rain sux

Good questions bro, I definitely don't have all the answers, but I do believe he works on behalf of those who have faith in him and call up on him in thier time of trouble - sometimes the answer is yes, no, and not now. If things had gotten worse I'd still believe that good came from it in the survival of the accident by me and others, if my truck got destroyed I'd be thankful for my life being spared, if I had passed then I'd be thankful to be in a much better place - I'm always working on expressing my attitude of gratitude.

You're being fair in thinking there's complex logic in applying fairness to good and evil in the world. We could debate these other issues later, thanks for speaking your mind.

Hmm... I guess someone didn't like my comments. Got neg rep. As usual no sig. Called me a "retard". Funny given he could not spell the contraction "you're" he wrote "your".

hey man... I am glad you're ok. I did have a friend with a 300 ZX. Just bought it and was entering an on ramp when he hit a stream of water, hydo-planed and spun 180 - ended up facing the opposite direction on the shoulder. Had the car fixed - slight damage - and sold it. I guess he thought it was bad luck or something.