Wear your fucking helmets guys and gals.

Casper

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you know i hate to say this because of the sitution but i was reading one day (but did not say anything) about everyone throwing a fit that ohio is trying to pass helmet laws, and yes most of us are smart and know why we need to wear helmets, but this is the reason why they want to pass this law. and i really mean no disrespect to this guy and its very sad that it happened to him but he should have been wearing proper gear and riding responsibly

you know i hate to say this because of the sitution but i was reading one day (but did not say anything) about everyone throwing a fit that ohio is trying to pass helmet laws, and yes most of us are smart and know why we need to wear helmets, but this is the reason why they want to pass this law. and i really mean no disrespect to this guy and its very sad that it happened to him but he should have been wearing proper gear and riding responsibly

I agree. We just lost some one on DSB in the same manner. Stand up wheelie @100MPH..came down and did an endo when someone pulled in front of him. It sucks, cause he didn't deserve to die, but at the same time he had himself to blame. I like watching stunts..but I refuse to do em because of the risk involved. I have too much to lose.

People please keep the stunts off the streets!

I agree w/you and "Inyaazz"

seriously.. how many of you agreed with the helmet laws forum recently??? next thing i see happening is the requirement of helmets when we go on rides... count me out. its my choice to gamble my life and ride with out a helmet. sorry to hear about a bad incident

I just agree about that's why they're wanting to pass a law. I really could give a fuck less. I don't know anybody personally that don't wear a helmet that I ride with. So if someone doesn't, it doesn't bother me if that's how they died. Like you said if they want to risk it then I could care less what happens to them. They're just too stupid to be respect their life. There is NO 2nd chances and I know all of them that have died for such ignorance would put one on now if they were alive to do it again. But dumb is dumb, can't change that. ;)

When I see a dude on a sportbike with no helmet I normally instantly mumble, "Dumbass, probably can't ride worth shit either." Plus I mumble, "Tool", because they love to do it so everyone can see their face to think they're cool. I think they look retarded though..lol Especially if they're on literbikes. Man, you just gotta love those cool guys! LMAO. :)

No helmet laws! It's our choice, our right, and our decision. That means if you wash your liter bike and run it down the culdasac to dry it without a helmet you can't tell me you don't want to see my skull cracked. Because some soccer Mom in her soccer Mom mini van can back out in front of any of us at any time in any place at any speed.

I wear my helmet, it's my choice. If you don't want to thats yours, but don't expect me to feel sorry for anyone who's brains are sliding down the road ahead of them after an accident if they weren't.

On a side note, i also don't agree with seatbelt laws either, but i won't move a car 10 feet without wearing mine. I feel all these safety laws are impeding in the Darwinism factor and SERIOUSLY screwing up the species :lol:

Guys/Gals:

We can choose to wear a lid or not...but we don't own the road. Yes, we pay taxes and all that for upkeep...blah blah...but we as riders do not legally 'own' the road. The government does. If the government says "We want you to wear a helmet because it prevents fatalities, which in turn keep insurance rates down, which in turn free EMS up for other critical care calls, which in turn...blah blah blah", then they can do that if enough people want it to happen.

Riding a bike without a helmet is not some sort of birthright. Nothing is stopping you from riding in the back woods somewhere without a helmet...but when you ride on public roads you are talking about a totally different animal. I'm jumping all over the place here...and I'm not trying to tell anyone what to do. All I guess I'm saying is...it's a f#cking helmet..not a chastity belt or a damn straightjacket. It's meant to protect your dome. It's not like the government is trying to HARM you, they're really protecting you from yourself.

And before anyone starts...I was hit from behind back in May. 17 year old chick on a cell phone. I was making a right turn and she was behind me....but she didn't stop. She plowed right through my back tire and threw me for a high side. I was ejected from the bike ..backwards.. and I hit the ground. Head first. My helmet, without question, saved my life. Yeah, you can choose not to wear one, but if you would take that kind of a chance with your life (and not only YOUR life...what about your family and friends that have to deal with your scrambled remains?!?!) when you could wear something that would greatly reduce the chance of injury, that says a lot about what kind of person you are.

I don't know about you guys, but riding a bike is dangerous enough, and I have way too much to lose.

A woman at work tried to teach me the dangers of wearing a helmet... Apparently a guy she knew got decapitated by one... "So what would his face look like if he didn't wear the helmet?"

I love the Dale Earnhardt analogy. "The helmet broke his neck and killed him".

No stupid, hitting the wall at 200MPH killed him.

Guys/Gals:

We can choose to wear a lid or not...but we don't own the road. Yes, we pay taxes and all that for upkeep...blah blah...but we as riders do not legally 'own' the road. The government does. If the government says "We want you to wear a helmet because it prevents fatalities, which in turn keep insurance rates down, which in turn free EMS up for other critical care calls, which in turn...blah blah blah", then they can do that if enough people want it to happen.

Riding a bike without a helmet is not some sort of birthright. Nothing is stopping you from riding in the back woods somewhere without a helmet...but when you ride on public roads you are talking about a totally different animal. I'm jumping all over the place here...and I'm not trying to tell anyone what to do. All I guess I'm saying is...it's a f#cking helmet..not a chastity belt or a damn straightjacket. It's meant to protect your dome. It's not like the government is trying to HARM you, they're really protecting you from yourself.

And before anyone starts...I was hit from behind back in May. 17 year old chick on a cell phone. I was making a right turn and she was behind me....but she didn't stop. She plowed right through my back tire and threw me for a high side. I was ejected from the bike ..backwards.. and I hit the ground. Head first. My helmet, without question, saved my life. Yeah, you can choose not to wear one, but if you would take that kind of a chance with your life (and not only YOUR life...what about your family and friends that have to deal with your scrambled remains?!?!) when you could wear something that would greatly reduce the chance of injury, that says a lot about what kind of person you are.

I don't know about you guys, but riding a bike is dangerous enough, and I have way too much to lose.

very well said.

1978.........First day of the Ohio No Helmet Law.. Was wearing shorts, and shoes.thats it.. I had an oncoming car turn in front of me. Messed up my day all to hell, Was out for many days.If I would have been wearing a Helmet I still would have my four teeth that was left on the road,and many other parts would be original in my body.

Took me until 1997 to start wearing a helmet. Thats when my friend had a motorcycle wreck, laid in a coma for a year and finally died.He was not wearing a helmet.

Sometimes it takes something bad to happen to open your eyes.

Make it your choice, but please wear a Helmet. It can save your life..

heh, here's one for you all. I laid my bike down yesterday. 5, maybe 10mph i was following one of my friends about 15ft back and to his right, we had just left his house. we normally go straight at this intersection, but at the last min he decided to turn right. Unfortunately i was looking in my mirror to check where the other riders in the group were for that split second. I nailed the brakes as hard as i could, small endo, JUST barely hit his rear tire with my front as he crossed in front of me. anyways i went high side off the bike, landed on my left elbow and the back of my head. Thank God i was wearing my helmet cuz even with it on, i was still seeing stars! not to mention the headache that lasted for about 2 hrs afterwards

heh, here's one for you all. I laid my bike down yesterday. 5, maybe 10mph i was following one of my friends about 15ft back and to his right, we had just left his house. we normally go straight at this intersection, but at the last min he decided to turn right. Unfortunately i was looking in my mirror to check where the other riders in the group were for that split second. I nailed the brakes as hard as i could, small endo, JUST barely hit his rear tire with my front as he crossed in front of me. anyways i went high side off the bike, landed on my left elbow and the back of my head. Thank God i was wearing my helmet cuz even with it on, i was still seeing stars! not to mention the headache that lasted for about 2 hrs afterwards

People don't realize how frail the human body is. Anything faster than walking speed can potentially kill you. 5, 10, 30 MPG doesn't sound fast, until you've hit the ground head first.

Glad to hear you're OK.

very well said.

And I have way to much to choose. Fuck the government regs, let us decide! I'm totally bored with your helmet excuses!

Oh let's meet at Taco Bell and street race at over a buck fifty with our helmets and shorts on! Give me a fucking break! Ya know, there's a reason I will not ride with my son on the street! So take your fucking street racing, helmet opinions and cram them right up your fucking ass.

And I have way to much to choose. Fuck the government regs, let us decide! I'm totally bored with your helmet excuses!

Oh let's meet at Taco Bell and street race at over a buck fifty with our helmets and shorts on! Give me a fucking break! Ya know, there's a reason I will not ride with my son on the street! So take your fucking street racing, helmet opinions and cram them right up your fucking ass.

Now tell us how you really feel!

I agree though, I "choose" to wear mine, but helmet laws are retarded. I recommend everyone should wear a nice full face lid, but if you don't oh well, doesnt bother or affect me at all, driving like an asshole OTOH risks others and pisses me off. sorry folks, although we'll lose against a car, 100 mph and 600 lbs of flesh, plastic and metal can still fuck up someone elses day pretty bad.

Risk your own ass all ya want, leave me out of it.

Don't have to take things to personal! All I see is opinions and people telling stories about why a helmet saved their life.

Yes the human body is fragile, leathers and helmets save lives… do what you want but if someone that rides with me doesn't have one on... I'm busting out and going somewhere else or home! I don't want to see people's brain matter scattered all over the road when I'm off duty, I see enough of it at work!

This is what 30-50mph crashes on a YSR and NSR50 can do to Jamie Hacking's leathers... My helmet isn't in any better shape!

68335204-L.jpg

68335180-M.jpg

Another Internet Gangster. You are entitled to your opinions...but really....'cram them right up your ass'??? Way to get your point across.

:beating:

Don't have to take things to personal! All I see is opinions and people telling stories about why a helmet saved their life.

Yes the human body is fragile, leathers and helmets save lives… do what you want but if someone that rides with me doesn't have one on... I'm busting out and going somewhere else or home! I don't want to see people's brain matter scattered all over the road when I'm off duty, I see enough of it at work!

This is what 30-50mph crashes on a YSR and NSR50 can do to Jamie Hacking's leathers... My helmet isn't in any better shape!

68335204-L.jpg

68335180-M.jpg

Wait a second... Did I read that right? Did you wreck two bikes at the same time?