Wear your fucking helmets guys and gals.

Casper

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wear my helmet all the time, I can't imagine not wearing one. I use the helmet not only to protect my head during a crash but also as a tool to help avoid a crash. A full face helmet acts as a small windsheild to keep the wind out of your eyes and to reduce wind noise. Any rider that can focus better on the road and hear what is going on around them is going to be much safer and much faster rider. Lets just say i use the helmet to protect my head and just a little extra insurance to help keep road rash off my bike.

:stupid: Ever look at your helmet after a short ride at Dusk? I drive through some wooded areas and when i get back into town, i have to literally stop and wipe my visor off because of all the insects implanted into the damn thing. Couldn't imagaine all of those getting embedded into my face, i'm sure the women think you look great with a big ass bug hanging out of your teeth :rolleyes:

WHAT!!!!! Your a FEMALE????? just kidding. it kinda tells us that from you name gsxr750GIRL

:D yep secrets out! yeah you know sometimes I forget what the hell my damn screen name is on here! oh well! some people are not so smart so I wanted to make sure we were all clear on here!

ya i cant wait to see someone ride at midohio next year w/o a helmet.. are you serious?! im not saying i dont wear a helmet when im racing, or suggest anyone else do it either. im simply voicing my opinion, and RIGHT to not wear one when im out on a leisurely cruise. i had my ama pro license racing supercross for 4 years. walked away many times... just dont tell me its not my right, thats its a privledge. who are you to tell us what is our rights, and what are our privledges????

The government owns the roads we ride on. You can drive up and down your driveway all you want without a helmet....

I am not a proponent for government telling us what to do at every step, but it's the same as you not being able to drive without a seatbelt. If you get caught, you get a ticket. Whether you believe you have a right not to wear one, you WILL wear one or you WILL get a ticket. It's the law..point blank..no room for discussion. If you come over my house, you will obide by my rules or you will leave. I don't care if you think you have a right to carry that gun you brought in...you won't bring it into my house. And as much as you like to think we are entirely free in this country, there are rules that we all (for the most part) have to abide by. Whether you think you deserve to go lid-free, if the gov says wear the helmet, you have two choices. Do, or don't and face the consequences.

Choose not to wear a helmet...that's fine. I REALLY hope you enjoy it (not being sarcastic). And I truly hope the laws don't change because I enjoy freedom to choose as much as everyone else. I also enjoy the look of my grill and the satisfaction I get when I jump on two wheels that I am doing almost everything I can to make it back in one piece.

seriously.. how many of you agreed with the helmet laws forum recently??? next thing i see happening is the requirement of helmets when we go on rides... count me out. its my choice to gamble my life and ride with out a helmet. sorry to hear about a bad incident
ohh and ninja nick. have you ridden with me yet? pretty sure i havnt worn a helmet yet on an ohio riders ride. so next time u mumble dumbass under your breath, remember i will school you anyday, anytime on the track. i actually know someone that died of a heart attack for no reason what so ever... he had no history in the family and was in perfect health. all american in football 4 years earlier, and just graduated from law school with a wife and beautifull baby. moral of the story is we all die. ive broken 22 bones, had 12 surgeries, 20+ ER room visits, and almost had my wrists amputated. im sure that oned day it will be my turn, whether im doing 180mph or standing on the side of the road waiting for a ride... america equals freedom. thats what we fight for! (yes, i work for the gov. im an MP actually) so the next time you are smoking a cigg, drinkn a beer, or eating at applebees, remember, you choose to do that,because you wanted to, not because a freaking republican voted on it
ya i cant wait to see someone ride at midohio next year w/o a helmet.. are you serious?! im not saying i dont wear a helmet when im racing, or suggest anyone else do it either. im simply voicing my opinion, and RIGHT to not wear one when im out on a leisurely cruise. i had my ama pro license racing supercross for 4 years. walked away many times... just dont tell me its not my right, thats its a privledge. who are you to tell us what is our rights, and what are our privledges????

So a few months back a few of us went to a candle light vigil. It was for this young guy who put his bike down. He wasn't really speeding or screwing around. He swerved around a car, and low sided. He and the bike slid off the road maybe ten to twenty feet. No big deal, right? Wrong, his head hit a fire hydrant. Paramedics said had he been wearing a helmet he would've gotten up just fine. Because he wasn't, he died instantly.

You're right, wearing a helmet should be a choice. And I will always choose to wear my helmet. Why someone would choose to not wear a helmet on a sportbike is beyond my comprehension, but it should be their choice.

Ohio Riders will never require anyone to wear a helmet or any other gear for that matter. HOWEVER: if you show up in shorts, sandals, tank top, no helmet, no gloves, etc... you best expect to get ridiculed unless you're on a big fat cruiser. Its your choice. But part of making the choice to wear inadequate gear is also accepting the consequences of that choice.

I've been rideing for 30 years, the only time I have worn a helmet is when I rode moto-x. I ride a harley it is not made for speed or stunts, just for cruising. I beleave if you ride a bike that is made to go fast and to do dumb ass stunts and you don't wear a helmet, that is on you. Nobody has the right to tell me that I have to or should wear a helmet.:thefinger:

don't wear one, i think people are past the point of your ignorance for your friends, family and the EMT who scoops up you brain. lets go on a leisurely cruise and you wear flip flops, shorts, corona tank top ( i know a douche like you has one) and a nice pair of fake sunoco Oakley's. i will wear my normal gear. you go and i HIT you and we both fall. (i know i can hit you because a noob like you will not be able to handle that bike, i have talked to many people who have seen you ride and your amazing skills)) wow wouldn't that suck for you? hypothetically of course

maybe try this, put you head down and run full speed into a wall. it is your right but i bet it will hurt like a mofo.

I've been rideing for 30 years, the only time I have worn a helmet is when I rode moto-x. I ride a harley it is not made for speed or stunts,
You can sure say that again :rolleyes:
just for cruising. I beleave if you ride a bike that is made to go fast and to do dumb ass stunts and you don't wear a helmet, that is on you. Nobody has the right to tell me that I have to or should wear a helmet.:thefinger:

Typical Harley mentality, and spelling skills, just because your on a 700lb tank doesn't mean you are any less likely to get smashed by a unobservant motorist, or for that matter hit, or hit by a deer. God knows those things aren't know for there incredible stopping performance. Falling off a bike is falling off a bike. no matter what type, brand, color, or size it is. it all hurts and Road Rash sucks no matter how you slice it!

BUT it is your right NOT to wear a helmet, BUT when you fall and your Grey Matter is thrown all over the road, dont get that shit all over my bike! it's ugly and crunchy but thats something i don't want on all over it. :slap:

I wear my helmet all the time, I can't imagine not wearing one. I use the helmet not only to protect my head during a crash but also as a tool to help avoid a crash. A full face helmet acts as a small windsheild to keep the wind out of your eyes and to reduce wind noise. Any rider that can focus better on the road and hear what is going on around them is going to be much safer and much faster rider. Lets just say i use the helmet to protect my head and just a little extra insurance to help keep road rash off my bike.

i have seen you and you wear a helmet because your ugly mug would scare every kid in town.

• 5 weeks later...

Satan,you should know as well as anyone else does,that it doesnt matter whether on a sportbike,cruiser,goldwing or moped,that some dumb shit may pull out in front you,or a child may run out in front of you.You never know whats going to happen out there unless your a damn good phsycic (which your not).So Shame Shame on you Ben. SEE YOU THURSDAY IF NOT BEFORE.

If you think helmet laws only affect those who do not wear them then you are wrong. Insurance rates are based costs. Guys who die on bikes increase that cost. As a result it is spread amongst us all via insurance rates.

So does that mean that states with helmet laws have cheaper rates? Or does that mean that if full gear became mandatory, everyone's insurance would go down?

Hardly.