30's? Seriously?

Casper

Threadjack!

U.S. Northeast May Have Coldest Winter in a Decade.

Sept. 28 (Bloomberg) -- The U.S. Northeast may have the coldest winter in a decade because of a weak El Nino, a warming current in the Pacific Ocean, according to Matt Rogers, a forecaster at Commodity Weather Group.

“Weak El Ninos are notorious for cold and snowy weather on the Eastern seaboard,” Rogers said in a Bloomberg Television interview from Washington. “About 70 percent to 75 percent of the time a weak El Nino will deliver the goods in terms of above-normal heating demand and cold weather. It’s pretty good odds.

More here:

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=amm7GJfWypJE

I need my truck back! I wanna go play in the snow!

for $867.5309 you can have my 4WD S-10. Its a rusty piece of crap, but it runs perfectly because everything in the driveline has been replaced/rebuilt

Edited by wrillo

Thursday morning frost warning...

Warning for anyone crazy enough to ride anyway.

That would be me. If there is frost on the vehicles outside, when you go out in the morning. Then there will be frost on the roads somewhere also. If you hit frosty spot on the road on a bike while turning a corner, the rear wheel will probably go out from under you in a flash. You at least need to be comfortable with slippery drifting.

On those same lines. Remember that it doesn't have to be frosty to ruin your fun. Tires do not warm up at temps in the low 40s or below. I have a lumpy collarbone to prove it (front end washout last year). Now I just pretend it's raining (traction wise) when I ride in the cold. I've got some Michelin Power One's on now & they claim better traction in the cold but I'm not ready to test those marketing claims.

On those same lines. Remember that it doesn't have to be frosty to ruin your fun. Tires do not warm up at temps in the low 40s or below. I have a lumpy collarbone to prove it (front end washout last year). Now I just pretend it's raining (traction wise) when I ride in the cold. I've got some Michelin Power One's on now & they claim better traction in the cold but I'm not ready to test those marketing claims.

Indeed true. I've entertained some dramatic power drifts on cold mornings. Just because I thought I could crack the throttle coming out of a turn. It doesn't work well on cold tires and cold streets. Oh, and I don't trust brick roads when cold, wet, or funny looking. Ok, I don't trust brick roads at all...

I don't have a car anymore and rode everynight this week, other than getting soaked friday morning on my way home it wasn't to terrible. its all about layering and not trying to race everywhere.

Ah hell no. I've been on the bike once since the first of July and that was only for the OR bike night.