Muzzle loaders

Gump

Knight or Thompson is always a good top brand to pick from. Thompson Omega/Encore is a good pick, but it all comes down to what you want to spend....just like anything else. :confused:

Do all the newer ones load the same these days? I'D rather not use percussion caps mounted the old style shown in the thread. I'd say $400 range with real wood can't stand plastic weapons.

Do all the newer ones load the same these days? I'D rather not use percussion caps mounted the old style shown in the thread. I'd say $400 range with real wood can't stand plastic weapons.

Hmm.... Thats where people differ.... I like the old style stuff. I like tinkering with everything and making it work like the old-timers intended. Dont get me wrong, this new stuff, if you just want kill something, is great, very few issues..... If you want a hobby to go along with preparing for deer season, want to learn something about history, old fashioned all the way. I'm sorry I cant help you with the new stuff. Its great, I just never got past the allure of the old!

Hmm.... Thats where people differ.... I like the old style stuff. I like tinkering with everything and making it work like the old-timers intended. Dont get me wrong, this new stuff, if you just want kill something, is great, very few issues..... If you want a hobby to go along with preparing for deer season, want to learn something about history, old fashioned all the way. I'm sorry I cant help you with the new stuff. Its great, I just never got past the allure of the old!

I like the old stuff but for this purpose it always rains or snows alot and the last time i used the old version the thing was clogged or the caps were bad. I just want to be able to hunt and not worry about stuff. if i get tied up for work and can't hunt deer gun season or don't get one during deer gun season, that type a deal...I usually get 3 in the freezer and feed off of it all year. Preparing for me is walking out the back door..I don't get into it as much when it's on my property. No scents, calls, or fancy gadgets, might put up a tree stand but that's about it. It's kinda like going to Mcdonalds, just give me a number 3 with a coke. Not a number 3, hold the pickle, can you ad mayo, change the bun, sweet and sour sauce, extra ice in the coke and can i have some ranch dressing type of thing.

I like the old stuff but for this purpose it always rains or snows alot and the last time i used the old version the thing was clogged or the caps were bad. I just want to be able to hunt and not worry about stuff. if i get tied up for work and can't hunt deer gun season or don't get one during deer gun season, that type a deal...I usually get 3 in the freezer and feed off of it all year. Preparing for me is walking out the back door..I don't get into it as much when it's on my property. No scents, calls, or fancy gadgets, might put up a tree stand but that's about it. It's kinda like going to Mcdonalds, just give me a number 3 with a coke. Not a number 3, hold the pickle, can you ad mayo, change the bun, sweet and sour sauce, extra ice in the coke and can i have some ranch dressing type of thing.

I gotcha..... many people feel the same...... nothing wrong with that......