youtube upload?

Hutch

• 4 weeks later...
wont that be awsome . he spends all day on a upload just to get a message at the end that the file was to large

I had something similiar happen last night, at the end of a two hour upload, I got a youtube fatal error, something about invalid file format, which I know was bullshit.

Restarted the upload on the exact same file and the second time it worked :dunno:

Upload speeds are horrible, even if you have cable/DSL. Just looking at SWingr's speed test you can see his download speed is 31 times faster than upload speed.

.49Mb/s = 501.76Kb/s Thats like dial-up speeds on the upload side.

If you want faster upload you have to have a commercial account. The reason upload speeds are so horrible is because your computer doesn't have to request much, but it gets a lot of information in return.

Any consumer internet (for the most part) is going to have pretty slow upload. They are all asyncronous. In other words you may get 5 meg down but only 1 up or something like that.

either way you're problem has more to do with file size. 380mb is very big for 8 minutes. If you want faster upload drop your video in windows movie maker or the apple equivalent if you have an apple and re save it in a more compressed format. You can probably make that into a file as small as 30mb. I usually go with a 70mb file size for that length of video. Quality is plenty good for you tube.

Of course saving the video in a new compressed format may take some time as well depending on the speed of your computer. maybe it's 6 or half dozen of the other

Either that or just make youtube a walk away event. Set it to upload and go to bed. After all you are uploading video to the internet, it's never going to be fast. Least not this year.

Edited by vw151

380mb is very big for 8 minutes. If you want faster upload drop your video in windows movie maker or the apple equivalent if you have an apple and re save it in a more compressed format. You can probably make that into a file as small as 30mb. I usually go with a 70mb file size for that length of video. Quality is plenty good for you tube.

The last video I uploaded to youtube was over 300mg as well, for I think just under 10minutes of video. TaRR and my videos are .AVI format from a GoPro Hero camera. I don't have a problem with the large file size, its no big deal to let it do its thing and go do something else in the mean time. Last nite was the first time one failed on me but I think it was because me computer started downloading some windows updates while the upload was taking place.