track day, and leather suit guys.. answer this please

Hoblick

thinking about picking this suit up, but i need to know if its still in good shape. it will be my first suit, and something to jsut wear on track days next year. seeing i know nothing about suits, is this still in good shape protection wise?

and what is a good price on it?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Edited by Hoblick

its all about the price! It is still safe looking. U never know what can happen in a crash so i cant say it will hold up to anything. Just so you know i have seen way way worse crash many more times. Just make sure the seams arent going to come apart.

Pros would say, "You want to get those seams re-done." Some would have to have some of the panels replaced. If the price is cheap, it wouldn't be a bad buy and I would say that suit could last a couple of seasons for you. If you get it, Wash it in the washer, cold, with 2 parts Tide and 1 part Vinegar. Let it spin dry, then lay it out. When it starts to get almost dry, apply some lanolin based lotion on it. Any brand will do. Yea, the kind of lotion for your hands. Just read Lanolin in the ingredients. That's how they do it at Barnicle Bills and they're a pro outfit.

That is the vector model, my buddy corey has that suit. It is a nice suit. Make sure to check all the stitching areas, especially in the shoulder, elbow, and seat of the suit. Hit up alexa from spyder works leather if you have any problems with it. She can do any repair you need and has great turn around time. She is well known in the WERA crowd.

good deal for $200. i crash tested my suit and it looks about the same...maybe even a little worse :(

let me know what your leather repair charges are...I've been thinking about getting mine repaired if it's under $100. plus i'd like to get my name stitched on the back "LAP TRAFFIC"

good deal for $200. i crash tested my suit and it looks about the same...maybe even a little worse :(

let me know what your leather repair charges are...I've been thinking about getting mine repaired if it's under $100. plus i'd like to get my name stitched on the back "LAP TRAFFIC"

haha nice name

ill check and get back to you.