Who has jailbroken their iPhone?

natedogg624

How do i get my iphone back to how it was so i can jailbreak it again?

Nevermind, I got it. I'm just lazy and don't feel like researching but I did anyways...

I am going to restore it, then re-sync it and then do the jailbreak but just use Cydia and nothing else...lol

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Im not too bad with stuff but I don't know enough about it to really fix it. I will just research it I guess. Ithink it's because of having both cydia and icy on the iPhone. It gives me an error message that is on cydia when I log into it... Terrible!!!

Hmm....if you run icy is there an option to uninstall it? Rock and cydia run fine together. I guess if worse comes to worse you could restore the iphone with itunes and re-jailbreak it

I can do that but I really dont want to. I'll lose all my stuff I have in it now...SUCK!!!

ok, so after 2 days of fucking around i have figured it out. it is now jailbroken running 3.1.2. but i thought the apps were supposed to be free. this is a fuckin rip off. lol

i had to downgrade to 3.0, jailbreak that with redsn0w, the i had to run 3.1.2 through pwnage 3.1.4 then restore with the pwnded 3.1.2

it works great. i thought i bricked it earlier but hooking it a pc and DFU restoring worked out.

I have an old Iphone that I got off of a buddy when I thought I was going to switch to ATT. I didn't but loved having the ipod functionality. I plugged it into itunes and preformed the update and now the thing is locked and says it needs a sim card. Any ideas on how to get it unlocked? I just want the thing for music and movies.

I have an old Iphone that I got off of a buddy when I thought I was going to switch to ATT. I didn't but loved having the ipod functionality. I plugged it into itunes and preformed the update and now the thing is locked and says it needs a sim card. Any ideas on how to get it unlocked? I just want the thing for music and movies.

What model iphone is it? You can attempt to jailbreak and unlock it. Start here, http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

if he updated to the new 3.1.2 you can't unlock it yet with windows IIRC, or you could mooch off a mac friend.

in case you were wondering, the difference between unlocking and jailbreaking is simple.

unlocking allows the iphone to be used under different carriers -- tmobile, sprint, etc...

jailbreaking allows the iphone to be open to third party applications.

Ok, so I restored my phone and tried again and no luck. I thought I bricked it big time! The iTunes logo with plug came on and even when I restarted my iPhone it was still there. So I went ahead and restored again and it was still there, but it was only for a short time... Scared the crap out of me! I'm done ven tryin'. It's not worth it right now! Especially when this is my second iPhone cause the last one dropped in a glass of tea... Go figure! It works now so I might be selling it...LOL!

Ok, so I restored my phone and tried again and no luck. I thought I bricked it big time! The iTunes logo with plug came on and even when I restarted my iPhone it was still there. So I went ahead and restored again and it was still there, but it was only for a short time... Scared the crap out of me! I'm done ven tryin'. It's not worth it right now! Especially when this is my second iPhone cause the last one dropped in a glass of tea... Go figure! It works now so I might be selling it...LOL!

That's shitty man. But if you've tried multiple times and can't get it to work I don't blame ya for stopping. I wouldn't wanna brick a $200 phone.

Try Pwnage.... Might have better luck with that one. They say that one is less "buggy" than Blackra1n. http://blog.iphone-dev.org/