Last minute prep - race takeoffs

shittygsxr

Since I am a dick and wait till the last minute for everything, does anybody here have some reasonably priced race takeoffs? I would love to get some from Rueben but I waited till the last minute and can't get out there before I leave.

I got some

front is a pirelli superbike tire

rear pirelli dragon, both good $50 each

I also have 1 unused pirelli dragon for $80

all are slick tires.

I have an ugly 750 and a wrecked r1, I think he meant one of kristens bikes

I say let him ride the R1...you rode it through the gap in the dark with a dark smoked shield, so he should be good to go in day light. Plus he doesn't have to worry about wrecking it because it's already wrecked. :popcorn:

I got some

front is a pirelli superbike tire

rear pirelli dragon, both good $50 each

I also have 1 unused pirelli dragon for $80

all are slick tires.

kinda hard to keep slicks up to temp on the street and accident waiting to happen if we get caught out in the rain

kinda hard to keep slicks up to temp on the street and accident waiting to happen if we get caught out in the rain

I didn't realize he was looking for take offs for the street. either way, if he wants to buy them he can buy them and do what he wants. I think we are all aware of the consequences of running slicks on the street, and we are adults and can decide for ourselves. Me, I wouldn't run them at the gap, but I've seen others that have.

I think we are all aware of the consequences of running slicks on the street, and we are adults and can decide for ourselves. Me, I wouldn't run them at the gap, but I've seen others that have.

I don't want to jinx anyone on the trip but is the need for race tires down there. I don't think any of you will be running hard enough to need race tires?

Whatever happened Pilot 2cts or some really good Pirellis?

Edited by nochknstrps

If your well being and keeping your bike in one piece is worth saving $150 go for it. You guys just be safe on those take offs, and enjoy the ride.

Those guys have been running takeoffs all season long. Why wouldn't softer rubber be good for a weekend of riding twisties?

Takeoffs are basically the same as street tires,but it does take longer than normal to warm up and at the place like the gap that will be like turn 20 out of 318 lol. Just be carefull and check air in the mornings and as temp changes. Not all take offs are the same and compounds may vary,but for the most part they are the best bang for the buck. Just controll that throttle hand for 1 extra min and u will stick like glue.

Not for all riders in diff variable conditions. this is IMO and i am just stating what i'd do lol:D