oil industry to ditch dollar........

kawi kid

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. We get more oil from Canada than we do from the Middle East Countries COMBINED (Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Iran, Kuwait, and the UAE).

When was the last time we invaded Canada for the fucking oil??????

I do think we should annex canada...

mexico... half of mexico already lives here illegally so add them to the list too I guess?

Wow. That's all I can really say. I'm interested to read this elsewhere. There has to be more on this if it's true. Ladies and gents, I've been botching for awhile about china buying up our debts in an effort to become the economic super power of the world. Looks like it might be happening.

I hear retards say it all the time. Usually at my local Chipotle' date=' which happens to be smack in the middle of the KSU community. Intellectuals.. whatevs. :rolleyes:[/quote']

And there's no way you can just not go into Chipotle! :rulez:

I guess you just have to sacrifice hearing that BS for getting some good food....

:lol: @ thinking KSU students are intellectuals. You'd be lucky to find a current student that can spell 'intellectual'.

Kent read, Kent write, Kent State. :D

:p Calm down KSU folks, I'm just hating a lil bit - you can hate on my school too, if you'd ever heard of it.

There are a lot of other reasons besides efficiency that we couldn't go all ethanol. Corn prices would surge, causing increases at the grocery store. I remember something about condensation issues and other problems in northern climates. I dont remember the details, but that was one of the reasons they tried the ethanol blends way back when most of you folks were still shitting your britches.

you are right. we have alot of issues with it drawing moisture out of the air. its basically an alcohol so it likes to absorb all the water it can and mess shit up. it also has a bad issue with seperation its hard to explain.

:lol: @ thinking KSU students are intellectuals. You'd be lucky to find a current student that can spell 'intellectual'.

Kent read, Kent write, Kent State. :D

:p Calm down KSU folks, I'm just hating a lil bit - you can hate on my school too, if you'd ever heard of it.

No need, they'll just hate on you....

What school is that, the school of :postwhore:

The school of :flingpoo:

Or :bigfinger: University?

you are right. we have alot of issues with it drawing moisture out of the air. its basically an alcohol so it likes to absorb all the water it can and mess shit up. it also has a bad issue with seperation its hard to explain.

I've read that too, but when you blend it with gasoline in lower concentrations, it actually removes water from the line because it increases the burning temperature.

I heard china is buying up all that Gold now too...

I say F the UAE and lets switch over completely to ethanol like brazil

Brazilian ethanol isn't made from corn, as most people seem to think is how we need to produce it here in the US. Also, as has already been posted, moisture and separation issues need to be considered.

I'm not debating there are additional issues, but engineering has solved all the 'technical' hurdles of ethanol, so those are less of a concern.

The energy content is based on the physical properties of the substance which are pretty stable.

Either way, the bottom line is that isn't not economical. I read an article what gas would have to reach (per gallon) to make ethanol feasible, but I can't find it. There's always a threshold price, and as long as petrol stays below that, none of these energy technologies will be mainstream - it's economics.

And why would UAE and the other oil producers WANT prices to ever reach that point? They want to keep prices just under the viable alternatives in order to maximize profits and switching costs.

I've read that too, but when you blend it with gasoline in lower concentrations, it actually removes water from the line because it increases the burning temperature.

then you run more of the risk of seperation. we have had a few occasions of this happening. it wont burn at all.

http://www.epa.gov/MTBE/

its suppose to help oxygenate gasoline, but it has a lot more harmful effects than positive ones if you ask me... there's better oxygenators out there, I think because its economical and cheap to reproduce its become the standard (and now that people make a lot of money off producing it, they also lobby to make sure it keeps getting produced).

The government would also lose a lot of tax revenue

"The price of ethanol in most studies is assumed to be the market price, which includes the 54 cents per gallon Federal excise tax exemption. The addition of 100,000 barrels per day of ethanol to the gasoline pool would reduce Federal excise tax revenues by about $800 million per year.(5)"

http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/steo/pub/special/mtbe.html

you people make my brain hurt!! It doesn't matter if we get our oil from canada unless they are giving a discount. If OPEC can affect oil output enough to manipulate the price then they have the power. The point that is trying to be conveyed is a stupid as thinking the $20 bill out of your left pocket is different from the $20 in your right pocket.

Second do you know why jobs left this country? The dollar was strong so they shipped the jobs over seas. When the dollar gets weak some jobs will come back, I cant wait to call my credit card company and get someone that speaks english.

Japaneese motorcycles are not more expensive they they were two years ago but Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, and Kawasaki pay their bills in Yen and when the exchange rate sucks we pay more. With all of the unemployed americans and weak US dollar maybe Buell could make a decent bike and it would be affordable to the rest of the world. Maybe america can get back in the manufacturing business.

Ford and GM are happy as shit right now those billion dollar debts are much more attractive then they were a couple of years ago. I feel sorry for some of the wealthy that were not well hedged because their fortune just shrank.