cd stuck in truck's 6 disc changer

socaln8tv

there was nothing wrong with with this unit, my trucks oem in dash 6 disc changer. now i have a cd stuck in slot 1 and i can't change anything out.... any ideas on how to dislodge it? the unit is clicking when i try to unload it. im trying to exhaust all ideas before i break down and take it to best buy or some audio biz where they will completely take advantage of me.

completely take advantage of me.

lol. I won't say anything. :D

Doubt these will help, but worth a shot.

Method 1

1. Take a blank/useless CD (such as AOL free trial CD's, you can them in a plethora of amounts in Best Buy) and place it about 1 inch deep into the slot.
  2. Press the 'Eject' button and gently wiggle the CD around. If this doesn't work, repeat and try to get the blank CD below the the jammed CD, and gently pry the target CD upwards.
  3. Sometimes, unusual amounts of pressure may be on the unit, behind the dash itself. Have a professional or a friend that you trust remove the dash unit and try steps #2 and #3.

[edit] Method 2

1. Get a 1 inch to 2 inch wide putty knife and wrap tape around it with the sticky side of the tape on the outside of the knife. Use a strong tape like Gorilla tape for best results. The knife is typically tappered so that if you wrap the tape tight enough it will not slide off the end
  2. Get a piece of paper and stick it to one side of the knife. Trim with scissors. You now have a thin sticky knife you can slide into the CD player opening.
  3. Insert knife into CD player with sticky side down trying to get it to go on top of the CD that is stuck. Press down gently to get the tape to stick to the CD.
  4. Gently lift up and pull the knife out. Hopefully the CD will come with it. You might try hitting the eject button if it doesn't work the first time...

lol. I won't say anything. :D

Doubt these will help, but worth a shot.

Method 1

1. Take a blank/useless CD (such as AOL free trial CD's, you can them in a plethora of amounts in Best Buy) and place it about 1 inch deep into the slot.
  2. Press the 'Eject' button and gently wiggle the CD around. If this doesn't work, repeat and try to get the blank CD below the the jammed CD, and gently pry the target CD upwards.
  3. Sometimes, unusual amounts of pressure may be on the unit, behind the dash itself. Have a professional or a friend that you trust remove the dash unit and try steps #2 and #3.

[edit] Method 2

1. Get a 1 inch to 2 inch wide putty knife and wrap tape around it with the sticky side of the tape on the outside of the knife. Use a strong tape like Gorilla tape for best results. The knife is typically tappered so that if you wrap the tape tight enough it will not slide off the end
  2. Get a piece of paper and stick it to one side of the knife. Trim with scissors. You now have a thin sticky knife you can slide into the CD player opening.
  3. Insert knife into CD player with sticky side down trying to get it to go on top of the CD that is stuck. Press down gently to get the tape to stick to the CD.
  4. Gently lift up and pull the knife out. Hopefully the CD will come with it. You might try hitting the eject button if it doesn't work the first time...

pretty helpful ideas. thank you so much. im going to try these tomorrow.

take it down to west side of dayton, pay someone 5 bucks and they'll pop out the whole unit for you in five minutes!

im in marysville, willing to go to dublin/hilliard. im gonna try the suggestions on the battery disconnect and the other ideas below. i'll definetly report my good or bad luck! :( i hate car issues, but this is rediculous, needless, excess bullshit. oh, and to make it sweeter, the cd is a part of book on audio from the library. nice....

im in marysville, willing to go to dublin/hilliard. im gonna try the suggestions on the battery disconnect and the other ideas below. i'll definetly report my good or bad luck! :( i hate car issues, but this is rediculous, needless, excess bullshit. oh, and to make it sweeter, the cd is a part of book on audio from the library. nice....

Ouch lol. Good luck. :)

get hammer and remove! Or listen to FM.

Take head unit out and open it up. Prob has striped gears???

im praying i dont have to replace this thing. ive had it since new and this trucks been the best vehicle ive ever owned. but its had its share of miles now. i hate to put a new unit in a vehicle im not sure how much longer i'll own. oh well, it is what it is. i can always play music out of the drop down dvd player. all kidding aside if my efforts fail manually, i'll have a pro take care of it.

I was being silly cause west side of dayton has super high crime rate... ;)

What book on audio? wasn't them vampire sookie stackhouse novels was it? My wife listens to those while she's driving for work... (vampires ruined my life) oh God I'll save this for another thread.

Anyways, good luck with getting that CD out. :D

When I worked for Nissan and this happened we had to send the unit to Clarion for repairs. They'd send a refurbed unit back with the cds in an envelope. I'd steer clear of shoving dry wall tools into the thing' date=' but that's just me. :wtf:[/quote']

would most dealers do the same thing for oem? its not aftermarket.. its the same one that came with the truck.

Also what year make model? Junk yard have stock head units super cheap! To fix it could cost masss Money or they could just pop it out for u. Either way once its out u prob wont want to stic another one in lol.

its getting aged. 04 ford expedition. what you mentioned is definetly a better option that new bc of the miles ive got it by now. ok. im feeling better this nagging issue. i havent finished my coffee this morning, but when i do, im gonna go tinker out in the truck.:rolleyes:

I was being silly cause west side of dayton has super high crime rate... ;)

What book on audio? wasn't them vampire sookie stackhouse novels was it? My wife listens to those while she's driving for work... (vampires ruined my life) oh God I'll save this for another thread.

Anyways, good luck with getting that CD out. :D

sorry i didnt pick up on the dayton thing.. im still learning demographics !! nope, not into the vampire thing but you can start that new thread on it anytime. my hubs hates most of the narrator voices on these audio books but none the less, i do it when im driving or cleaning house!!!

She drives a Ford (Explorer?) I don't think its an Expedition.

Its in the 2000's.. probably a 2006 if I'm taking my best guess.

close enough! good guess thou. with three kids christina, id have no hair left with out the third row. the price of this truck was the cost saving insanity.

I have an 06 Explorer, same thing happend. I replaced the stereo and took the OEM apart to get my CD's out.

There is really no getting around this issue IMO, these things just decide they don't want to give you your cd's back.