replacing my 500

Kahooli

As some of you may remember I posted about being rear-ended earlier this year. Well I was able to fix it and keep riding. I still am actually. Wool long underwear ftmfw!.

... well anyway. I'm thinking of picking up a 96 bandit 600 that's in decent shape, but needs a few things like an oil change/filter, exhaust repack, and probably new plugs and a tune up (carb clean and sync).

Anyone have any experience with em? I already rode this one and despite being a rough runner and having effectively no exhaust... it tracked well and I wasn't afraid to take it to speed. No wobbles etc.

Any Advice is appreciated.

the bandits aren't bad bikes. old tech, but coming from an EX500, nothing you'll take issue with.

I would bet it's a little longer wheel-base than the EX, so it may not turn in as easily, and it's certainly going to be a bit heavier, but the extra power (~75hp maybe?) will be nice.

that 75 hp estimate is based off the fact that the Kat 750 made 95hp. I wouldn't hesitate to ride an old Bandit (or Katana) if i could find one for cheap. If the wife lets me, i may actually actively pursue an old kat 750 and give her my 500.