Idling high?

Bad324

Last night I started up my 600rr for the first time in a week to move it to get my car out. As we all know its been cold and when I started it, it immediately was idling at about 3k RPM, much higher than normal. I shut it off after 2 mins and started it up again and was then idling at about 2k RPM. Is this standard because of the cold or do I have a bigger issue?

Last night I started up my 600rr for the first time in a week to move it to get my car out. As we all know its been cold and when I started it, it immediately was idling at about 3k RPM, much higher than normal. I shut it off after 2 mins and started it up again and was then idling at about 2k RPM. Is this standard because of the cold or do I have a bigger issue?

Auto high idle from the FI system? eh?

Make sure you have slack in your cables. If that is ok' date=' let the bike warm to operating temperature and then adjust your idle to the proper speed. Your idle control screw is located on the left hand side of the bike.[/quote']

listen to this guy...........

Make sure you have slack in your cables. If that is ok' date=' let the bike warm to operating temperature and then adjust your idle to the proper speed. Your idle control screw is located on the left hand side of the bike.[/quote']

Ok I will have to look into that tomorrow then when I have more time to mess with it. I just went out now to see if it was still doing it and the first time I started it did the same thing. 2nd time it it was down to about 2k and one the 3rd try it finally idled normally.

On the third start it was getting up to operating temp when it idled normal. I assume that on the first start let it warm up while idling at 3-3500 RPM then do the adjusting correct?

Auto high idle from the FI system? eh?

I am completely new to bikes so I don't follow what you mean/asking