BA/law student looking for J-O-B

redkow97

I've hated my job for most of the last 4 years now.

As of this morning, i'm officially irritated enough to start looking again.

If anyone works for a good company, or knows of some place that's hiring, I wouldn't ask you to stick your neck out and 'recommend' me, but the lead would be greatly appreciated.

I have a BA in English Literature, with a minor in Journalism. I'm proficient in all the office software you'd expect from a 26-yr-old (it amazes me when we hire people who can't type...) and I started off at my current job writing instructions for proprietary software applications (basic technical writing), and answering electronic support tickets - basically, anything to do with writing is right up my alley. I'm not experienced with graphic design software, but I'm sure i could learn it... I'm better with proofing/editing.

I'm also a part-time law student, so anything in the legal field is appealing. hell, i'll get coffee and wash Esquire's benz if it builds connections...

And I have no objection to swinging a hammer or general 'labor' so long as the pay is decent. Ideally, $40k/year would be nice, but I could get by on $30k/year, so about $17/hour.

I have reliable transportation (in addition to the bikes), will pass a drug test every time, no criminal record, don't lose keys or forget to lock doors, absolutely no tickets or accidents, and i'm in good shape (as it matters for a job digging a ditch or something...)

so basically, I'd like to work for a lawyer, or pull an 'office space' and quit my desk job to work construction until i'm done with school - but i'll consider everything in between.

/rant.

hugs and kisses,

chris

Edited by redkow97