1990 S10 4.3l 4x4

wrillo

Has a rebuilt 1992 4.3l TBI engine in it with probably about 40,000 miles on it. I'll have to dig through paperwork to get exact mileage. Rear diff has been rebuilt, never had a problem with the transfer gearbox, front differential is broken. I have plans to replace the front diff with a used one, but my asking price will go up. Body of the truck is in bad shape for the most part with lots of rust. I haven't found any significant rust to suspension or frame bits. Even the gas tank has been replaced on this guy along with various other things... gauge cluster, fuel sending unit, a control arm, a tie rod... etc. It runs perfectly in 2WD, and the 4WD drive worked great before the diff blew out (which was recently), but it had smooth transitions between 2 and 4 wheel and all that jazz. Has an aftermarket CD player with okay speakers, nothing special though. Extended cab with fold out rear seats, but they're better suited for midgets than adults.

click here for pictures

if no one on here is interested it'll go to craigslist soon

asking $1500

edit: Selling because I got a hand-me-down Saturn SC-1, and no longer need this

Edited by wrillo

i may be interested in this. What axles are under it. 5 or 6 lug. electronic 4wd or manual operation. what trans 4l60e or 70r4? Dont care about anything else it would be a donor for my 88 yota i just want the motor trans and 4wd system.

90 S-10 would br 5 lug, and a 700r4. They started the "E" trans in 93. Sounds like it would be cool for a Yota swap! Even if it is electronic shift T/case, that's not tough to wire in!

Those S-10's are pretty tough, really. The front end parts wear out fast, but otherwise, they're great!