Oct29 Cbus fatality - Gender Rd

ReconRat

Those cars he was passing were in a turn lane to turn into that development. Doesnt sound like he was doing anything wrong and had the right of way. Gender road is one dangerous mudafucka. It is in awful shape and is way too heavily traveled.

Avoid it at all costs.

Those cars he was passing were in a turn lane to turn into that development. Doesnt sound like he was doing anything wrong and had the right of way. Gender road is one dangerous mudafucka. It is in awful shape and is way too heavily traveled.

Avoid it at all costs.

I talked to Max, we were just over there in that area. It probably was a through lane, with cars at the intersection in a turn lane. Another car probably turned out onto the road in his path.

There are many times I slow down through intersections. And I do that so I can have a little more time to dodge anything that happens.

If you're going to be 100% defensive, you'll have to assume every car you see has the potential to collide with you, and plan to avoid it.

There are many times I slow down through intersections. And I do that so I can have a little more time to dodge anything that happens.

If you're going to be 100% defensive, you'll have to assume every car you see has the potential to collide with you, and plan to avoid it.

Always assume every cage & cager is out to kill you.

the bike was a cbr 1000rr

the riders name was Rich Pentrack of Lancaster

He WILL be missed

Incident Summary: On 10-29-09 at 6:17 pm Richard Pentrack was driving a 2000 Honda motorcycle

northbound on Gender Rd. south of Winchester Lakes Blvd. David Summers was traveling westbound on Winchester Lakes Blvd in a 2004 Chrysler Sebring . Mr. Pentrack passed two vehicles on the left that were slowing to turn right onto Winchester Lakes Blvd. Mr. Summers attempted to turn left onto southbound Gender Rd. The front of Mr. Pentrack's motorcycle struck the drivers side of Mr. Summer's Sebring. Mr. Pentrack was transported to Grant Hospital by CFD Medic # 32 in critical condition, but succumbed to his injuries at 7:36 pm.

I donot know the area well.. but it sounds like the car was at fault......?

Edited by Big3

I live very close to where the accident occured...I have to drive by there every day..

It's a very bad setup...Gender Rd, right past Winchester Rd, goes down to one through lane... one turns into a right turn lane..cars slice and dice to get into the lane they need. The rider was most likely on the outside lane to go straight and the cars turning right were blocking the view of the car(hiding the rider) that pulled out on the MC.

Very sad...RIP

That section from Winchester Pike to Refugee used to be all farmland and the roadway has never been updated/widened since all those developments popped up in the last 10 years. Believe it or not, we used to drag race out there in the 80's.

Gender rd. runs the border of several townships and they've never seemed to be able to get their shit together on who pays for what as far as upgrades even though they dont seem to have a problem with all five of their police departments making monies from ticket revenues out there.

Like I said before, if you can, avoid Gender N. of Winchester Pike at all costs.