HID's?

Jcroz91

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

v4, your bike is the stock lights, i got some advice on the install from the guy you bought it from. but yeah, the high beams in those do throw light EVERYWHERE, which is great if you're the only one on the road, but otherwise no no. the DDMs are plug-n-play with the exception of drilling about a 1" hole in the dust covers on the headlights to allow the wiring to go out to the ballasts.

so ill want this....?

Single Beam Kit from DDM with a like around 4800k??

what "bulb type"?

Look at the stock bulb that you want to replace. The bulb type should be on there somewhere, most likely H7 or H4.

What different bulb types look like:

NokyaActicWhitechart_Full.jpg

Edited by $pecial_K

To all of you who are saying that the light goes everywhere - Do you not have headlight adjustment screws on your bike? Vertical and Horizontal? Serious question. Not being a smartass, for a change

yes, but the headlights were designed to scatter a small portion of the light up to illuminate signs and what not. That small portion of light that is scattered, is not so small when the overall light output is increased 4x (700 lumen halogen to a 3200 lumen HID)

Sam if you get the chance you should install a time delay relay so that the headlight illuminates after the bike starts. HID ballasts have a very long life but don't like being turned on and off often. It does shorten the life of the HID bulb and ballast, not sure by how much exactly, but if you do have a failure that could be the cause

yes, but the headlights were designed to scatter a small portion of the light up to illuminate signs and what not. That small portion of light that is scattered, is not so small when the overall light output is increased 4x (700 lumen halogen to a 3200 lumen HID)

Sam if you get the chance you should install a time delay relay so that the headlight illuminates after the bike starts. HID ballasts have a very long life but don't like being turned on and off often. It does shorten the life of the HID bulb and ballast, not sure by how much exactly, but if you do have a failure that could be the cause

I've never noticed any light scatter with my kit. Not saying it doesn't happen, just never noticed.

I've been planning to install the delay, just haven't had a chance yet.

I have the 35w set up from DDM Tuning. Since the install I have yet to use or even need my high beams. These things are beyond bright! Stay away from Ebay HID lamps (bulbs) they are not HIDs.

DDM tuning has a no hassle lifetime ballast warranty!! If you do any night riding, I HIGHLY recommend HID.

I have the 35w set up from DDM Tuning. Since the install I have yet to use or even need my high beams. These things are beyond bright! Stay away from Ebay HID lamps (bulbs) they are not HIDs.

DDM tuning has a no hassle lifetime ballast warranty!! If you do any night riding, I HIGHLY recommend HID.

ddm is good too.....i have a set in my Nissan Altima