HID's?

Jcroz91

I had 6000 and 8000 i beleive in the CBR, and two different kits one of them being a DDM. I prefered the DDM slim kit with the 6000k bulbs but the only grip is they were considerably louder than the standard size ballast

when you say louder you mean stands out more?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That ST rider looks like he's waiting for you to get out of his way :lol:

Actually, we were on a memorial ride thru the Dragon. There was just over 100 bikes single file. Top speed was about 20, otherwise that bastid would have smoked my ass:rolleyes::p

when you say louder you mean stands out more?

The ballast on HIDs tend to whine, and from all the brands Ive used the DDM were the loudest but produced better looks and they were a lot slimmer than most while being the sturdiest, Ive seen some ballast that break the first bump you hit almost.

The ballast on HIDs tend to whine, and from all the brands Ive used the DDM were the loudest but produced better looks and they were a lot slimmer than most while being the sturdiest, Ive seen some ballast that break the first bump you hit almost.

Sounds like DDM is the best then. Most aftermarket exhausts will drown out any excess noise anyway.

so I installed DDM 4500k 35W HID's on the cts-v foglights tonight..... unforgivably ridiculously bright. And they are pointed at the ground 15ft in front of the car, yet everyone brights me. Don't blame them. And 4500K is plenty blue, you go much more than that and its ricey IMO. I wish I would have went with 4K I like the real white look.

as far as the bike goes, I want to be seen. I'd prolly put 55w in the high and 35k in low and aim them properly.

i have two different kinds of HID brands.....ddm and jdm....jdm is from japan and same wattage as the ddm 35watts......both 6k......the 6k jdm kit is more white than the ddm 6k......both are stunning at night its like driving a damn light show.....all the signs light up reflect like crazy.......people flash me all the time i dont blame them either

as far as the bike goes, I want to be seen. I'd prolly put 55w in the high and 35k in low and aim them properly.

HID in a high beam just isn't worth it. Takes too long to warm up and it's harsh to turn them on and off. I use my low-beam a majority, I want it to be bright where it needs to be.

so I installed DDM 4500k 35W HID's on the cts-v foglights tonight..... unforgivably ridiculously bright. And they are pointed at the ground 15ft in front of the car, yet everyone brights me. Don't blame them. And 4500K is plenty blue, you go much more than that and its ricey IMO. I wish I would have went with 4K I like the real white look.

cannot tell a difference in 55w....my buddy has them in a dakota rt

HID in a high beam just isn't worth it. Takes too long to warm up and it's harsh to turn them on and off. I use my low-beam a majority, I want it to be bright where it needs to be.

:plus1: not to mention that you will need to mod your lows to stay on when the highs are on, otherwise you will have a few seconds of dark waiting for the highs to warm up.