Oh sh1t.. Im headed to India..

flounder

So I found out last night that I will be headed to India at some point for work. I will be spending some time in Pune, and then some time in Mumbai. (about 350 miles south of the Pakistan border according to googlemaps)

Anyone ever been or know anyone thats been there?

Any suggestions besides watching my cornhole and what foods I eat?

This will be interesting.

So I found out last night that I will be headed to India at some point for work. I will be spending some time in Pune, and then some time in Mumbai. (about 350 miles south of the Pakistan border according to googlemaps)

Anyone ever been or know anyone thats been there?

Any suggestions besides watching my cornhole and what foods I eat?

This will be interesting.

My friend amit lives there he is a shorter guy with darker skin, black hair and dark eyes. You can't miss him.

When I travel I always take multiple forms of ID (passport, drivers license) and keep them in separate locations. Once I get to a hotel one goes in the safe and the other with me. I also keep money in different pockets, small change in one and more money in the other that way I am never exposing enough money to draw attention (which you will be doing regardless)

Edited by shittygsxr

hide your valueables in the litte front pocket part of your whitey tighties.

but from what i have heard this will be an eye opening experience for ya. you will walk away with a greater view of how blessed you/we truly are. kinda was how i felt when i went to greece and turkey for two weeks.

My friend lauran spent 8 months in india in two different cities. The one city she loved, and the one city she hated (one was mumbai, but i can't remember which). She said mentioned that after a while she got tired of people trying to sell her stuff (they were aggressive about it) so she would start to try to sell something to them and tell them that she would only buy their stuff if they bought her stuff... apparently it made them stop lol. If you have any questions, she's a pretty cool girl, I could give you her name and send her a message on facebook... she might be able to help ya :)

they will try to do everything for you only to be paid for it. Definitely don't flash money, especially us dollars. get that shit switched over to their currency and spend it like they would spend it. Be firm with them but don't get your self into anything crazy! (from my experiences in africa)

Well since no one has said it...

Dibs on the guns and bikes if anything goes really wrong.

haha.. the girlfriend already called dibs on the ownings.. Her exact words were.

"So, you left everything to me in your Will in case something happens over there right? You do have a Will dont you? You should probably get one and put me in it." hahahahaah

I just laughed.

My sister and bro in-law lived in India for 2 years, the biggest thing is to take all of the shots you can to help keep you healthy. Remember they fertilize the fields with human waste so you really don't want to eat anything that doesn't come from a well prepared restaurant. They also have a class system where there are extremely poor and extremely wealthy and they really don't mix.

haha.. the girlfriend already called dibs on the ownings.. Her exact words were.

"So, you left everything to me in your Will in case something happens over there right? You do have a Will dont you? You should probably get one and put me in it." hahahahaah

I just laughed.

Hmmm. Tell her if she can handle taking one in the butt, you can handle putting her in your will. Fair trade. No? :D

I've been to Goa, India for a few days while in the Navy. It was some of the worst conditions that I've ever seen with my own eyes. Like, there was a field of maybe 200 people living in make-shift tents. On the other hand, I stayed in the Hyatt, if I remember right, and it was heaven there. I didn't have to worry about my safety since I was in a group of military folk, but you won't be. So watch your back because there are some very shady people there just trying to make a quick buck.