Didn't see this coming - Danica reportedly close to racing for Earnhardt

CbrGirl

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/33622842/ns/sports-motor_sports/

Patrick would run for Little E’s Nationwide team when not racing in IRL

Danica Patrick is close to a two-year deal to race for Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s NASCAR Nationwide team, ESPN reported Wednesday, citing an unnamed source close to the talks.

Patrick would make her on-track debut for JR Motorsports during Daytona Speedweek next February, ESPN reported.

Spokesmen for Patrick and Earnhardt declined to comment, ESPN reported.

Earlier this year, Patrick signed a contract extension with Andretti-Green Racing of the Indy Racing League, leading many to think she wouldn't race for a NASCAR team as well. But with only 17 races on the IRL schedule, Patrick should have room to run Nationwide races as well.

Bmw......I have to agree with you, she is pretty terrible. If she was a man she would have been out of the league long ago.

Lets see Terrible Cart or IRL driver that move to Nascar.

Tony Stewart, Montoya, Robby Gordon, Menard,

Montoya tried F-1 but his terrible work ethic and weight gain was legendary, he failed.

Only JR would hire a worse driver than himself Maybe he will look better compared to her

I like Jr., but until he starts winning, he's more of a celebrity at this point, than a legit contender. Advertisers love his appeal & pedigree, so it's easy for him to stay in the game even though he hasn't won in forever

I heard they're also trying to add Paris Hilton to the team next year too

I like Jr., but until he starts winning, he's more of a celebrity at this point, than a legit contender. Advertisers love his appeal & pedigree, so it's easy for him to stay in the game even though he hasn't won in forever

I think its a marketing ploy for JR motorsports to bring Danica onboard. The most popular female driver, driving for the most popular male driver.

The marketing value is priceless. They might not ever win, but they are bringing in more fans, and more money. :burnout:

I think its a marketing ploy for JR motorsports to bring Danica onboard. The most popular female driver, driving for the most popular male driver.

The marketing value is priceless. They might not ever win, but they are bringing in more fans, and more money. :burnout:

Completely agree with you agreeing with me :D