jl audio w7 subwoofer

that dude

Don't have one, but I have heard them in detail. Very nice. I think it was the 13" that I heard, and it had to be one of the most accurate, and tight sounding car sub I've ever heard. I believe it was a sealed box, built to the standard reccomende spec. This will be the sub for me if I ever do any more car audio stuff, unless something better comes along.

As a reference, I've always been a HUGE Kicker fan, until about 2005, when they started their KX line, or whatever it was that replaced the ZR and DX lines. I had a DX700 amp with a single Solobaric S12L7, and I couldn't TOUCH that W7 with similar wattage for SQ, but I think I had it beat by a very little bit for SPL, thanks to the acoustics of a thirdgen Camaro.

i had 2 10w7 in my truck long ago. I loved them to death. Ran mine in 1.5 cu ft tube tube ported tuned at 34 hz it was crisp and hit hard enough to shake my license plate off through 2 layers of dynamat and 6ft of bed.

i had 2 10w7 in my truck long ago. I loved them to death. Ran mine in 1.5 cu ft tube tube ported tuned at 34 hz it was crisp and hit hard enough to shake my license plate off through 2 layers of dynamat and 6ft of bed.

wow. this w7 is gonna be fucking destuctive. the polk rattles shit loose. the w7 handles up to 2000 watts. i cant imagine what it soundsl ike with a clean pure power driven amp. gotta start saving for a new amp now

i recomened throwing a jl to it. I tried multiple amps one mine. Each sub had its own dedicated amp, tried rockford, mtx, infinty and none of them sounded as good as the 500/1 if your going 12 id rock the 1000/1 also pretty sure the 12w7 is 750watts rms could be wrong been a while since I had a ghetto blaster

Boat? try more than jsut driver choices -

utilize a highly efficient overall design and your boat will not be as limited.

http://www.decware.com/newsite/hwk15.htm

http://www.decware.com/newsite/invertedwedge.htm

i will be utilizing a jl w7 in a sealed box pushed with a high end 1500 watt amp. insides will be 4 6.5 " round polk audio mm651's with crossovers. pushed by a 600 watt amp. dual batts and cap. it was redonk with my old polk db651;s and momo. this will be siick. thanks

I did kicker Solo X 18's, Kicker L7 15's and L7 12's when I was into the mobile audio thing... they were the best i had ever heard.

befor i had my w7 12s in my monte i had 3 kicker l7 12s and the leads kept braking from beating the shyt out of them and i was in the power ranges of them i had 2 older punch 1500s straped to the 3 of them

but back to that dude..... the w7s are the shyt i miss them a friend of mine was telling me he had a jl 1000/1 the other day for sale for 250 i dont know if he still has it or not but i can check if u would like..... and i have a slot ported box for 1 jl w7 12 u can have u just have to come to columbus to get it

Edited by slowbusa

befor i had my w7 12s in my monte i had 3 kicker l7 12s and the leads kept braking from beating the shyt out of them and i was in the power ranges of them i had 2 older punch 1500s straped to the 3 of them

but back to that dude..... the w7s are the shyt i miss them a friend of mine was telling me he had a jl 1000/1 the other day for sale for 250 i dont know if he still has it or not but i can check if u would like..... and i have a slot ported box for 1 jl w7 12 u can have u just have to come to columbus to get it

slow i may just come down to get that thing. yea see if your buddy still has that amp. is take it off his hands if its not beat. thanks

A bit OT, but the first L7 I had, I melted the voice coil in it with a DX700 amp on it, about 750 watts :eek:. When I talked to the installer at the shop where I bought it, he told me about the leads usually being the weak link. The second one I had got ripped off :mad:

A bit OT, but the first L7 I had, I melted the voice coil in it with a DX700 amp on it, about 750 watts :eek:. When I talked to the installer at the shop where I bought it, he told me about the leads usually being the weak link. The second one I had got ripped off :mad:

if you melted the VC with that amp you were driving it into saturation and clipping the signal, or it was in a poorly tuned enclosure

if you melted the VC with that amp you were driving it into saturation and clipping the signal, or it was in a poorly tuned enclosure

Poorly tuned enclosure, and too lazy to build another. Live and learn, I suppose.

After everything got ripped off out of the Camaro, I lost the ambition to build another system for a car that rarely gets driven. I have a decent, simple, and not so expensive system in my daily driver, alarm protected, and I MAY consider a better sub for that, since the pair of C12a's just don't sound all that great at higher volumes.

How much are the W7's going for these days anyway?

Poorly tuned enclosure, and too lazy to build another. Live and learn, I suppose.

After everything got ripped off out of the Camaro, I lost the ambition to build another system for a car that rarely gets driven. I have a decent, simple, and not so expensive system in my daily driver, alarm protected, and I MAY consider a better sub for that, since the pair of C12a's just don't sound all that great at higher volumes.

about $250 + JL's logo so add another $300

soooo many better subs for cheaper, w7s sound good and all but i can justify spending that on a 12 that ONLY 1000wrms

you can find them for 450.00