National Parks clarification

Likwid

Seeking clarification on the transportation laws I was directed to a past email to the Chief Ranger for Cuyahoga Valley National Park. Now, I preface all this with, YES I know that the laws all go away in February, but I live in the middle of the CVNP and I've purposely been going out of my way to AVOID the roads that cut through the parks.

Federal law prohibits carrying, or transporting, firearms in National parks (regardless of state laws). I spoke to someone in the visitor center first and was given bad information, so I spoke to Chief Ranger Chris Ryan who reiterated his previous comments and then went on to say he wanted to make sure the people in the visitor center are giving out CORRECT information.

As a CCW holder you are permitted to carry your loaded firearm while you are traveling through Cuyahoga Valley National Park in your motor vehicle on nonfederal owned roads such as Riverview Road, Akron-Peninsula Road, Truxell Road, and Ira Road. Concealed weapons are not allowed if you travel off those roads onto national park lands.

National Park roads, including parking lots, where concealed weapons are prohibited include areas such as the Ledges, the Octagon, Virginia Kendall Lake, Brandywine Falls, Oak Hill, Pine Hollow, and the Cuyahoga Valley Environmental Education Center.

Maybe I'm the last person who cares about this... but I was tired of avoiding specific areas. Keep in mind you can't pull into a parking lot or other areas, but you can travel down the public roads with no fear.

But yes, in late February the laws change (in our favor).

Edited by Likwid